What are these dirt pieces on my car?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atikovi

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
large.jpg

Looks like they are made of dirt as they crumble apart when I squeeze them. Do they come from trees or animals?

large.jpg

large.jpg

See if you can view the pic in my other post. I used https for the picture. And FWIW, under your line, White Lives Matter, I can't see whatever picture is supposed to be there.

Cant see the pics but prob Gyspy Moth droppings.
I agree can not see pictures either. If under trees, gypsy moth excrement. Good stuff, I can go take a few pictures of it. Gypsy moths where so bad here in mid-late 90's trees had been stripped of leaves and they started feeding on pines. County started a Gypsy moth suppression program, Manager and team of people counting egg masses on trees to determine if aerial spraying of BT was needed. Caterpillars everywhere and so was their crap. If it rained you better be ready to slide to your car. Wife uses and umbrella to go outside. I finally had enough and built a sprayer for back of tractor, had family leave for several hours and used a different agent. Neighbor borrowed my sprayer for same program. Between oak wilt and moths, oak trees have taken a huge hit in this area. I am sure elsewhere also.

Attachments

• IMG_8911.JPG
    IMG_8911.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8912.JPG
    IMG_8912.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8915.JPG
    IMG_8915.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8914.JPG
    IMG_8914.JPG