What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted about my boat a few months ago. After working on and off its finally complete. The boat is birch with ponderosa pine oars. The oars are pretty down and dirty, wasnt sure how I wanted them so I plan to make a new set. I did three coats of epoxy and three coats of spar varnish for UV. All in all it turned out great, wish I had spent more time on the epoxy as a closer inspection of finish isn't what it could have been. Not a big deal as its a work/play boat.
View attachment 671374
Lovely. Got any more pictures please? Is it stable on the water? Rows well?

Just finished a set of speaker carcasses with stands.. Used some bigleaf maple that I milled last year.. FPhoto0528.jpg speak.jpg or this project I no bandsaw so I had to mill most things on the table saw and then reglue.. I ripped a 3" slab down the middle then cut 6" from each side, back thru the saw at 7/8", flipped all the pieces so it was heartwood on the outside before gluing. I really liked the natural look but the client wanted dark...

Some excellent work here fellas.

I've planned to do a rocking chair, all curved pieces cut as blanks. Pretty uncommon way of doing it i believe.

I've found I'm happier with rough projects than projects that never leave my brain. I'm currently on a VERY busy schedule however.

I've been in my shop quite a bit over the summer. Thought I'd share a few things I put together from wood I milled;

First is a cabinet made in the form and style of the famous cabinet maker Krenov. All dovetails were handcut and I used Norway Maple with Black Walnut. Drawer pull was carved from a piece of pear.

Krenov 3.JPG
Krenov 2.JPG
Krenov 4.JPG
Krenov 1.JPG

Next are two chairs, one made out of Black Walnut and one out of Black Cherry. Design is from Scott Morrison, these chairs have a really unique look and are perfect for putting in a corner since there are only 3 legs.

Teaparty 2.JPG
Teaparty 6.JPG
Teaparty 8.JPG

I've been in my shop quite a bit over the summer. Thought I'd share a few things I put together from wood I milled;

First is a cabinet made in the form and style of the famous cabinet maker Krenov. All dovetails were handcut and I used Norway Maple with Black Walnut. Drawer pull was carved from a piece of pear.

View attachment 679390
View attachment 679391
View attachment 679392
View attachment 679393

Next are two chairs, one made out of Black Walnut and one out of Black Cherry. Design is from Scott Morrison, these chairs have a really unique look and are perfect for putting in a corner since there are only 3 legs.

View attachment 679394
View attachment 679395
View attachment 679396
Amazing Bmac! Your work is so unique. I love it!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Built last winter. Have.pics of of it all along the way. All White Oak except for panels on sides and bottoms of shelves. Faces of shelves Red Oak. Weighs about 250lbs. Top is 2.5 " with 4" skirting.
01d7795ec17ce2982a14686e8949edb7.jpg
7390842ed3809340eeade073edb659c0.jpg
ebba0650842fbbf1058edeec01770bc5.jpg
2cb0064e31c45a2b5266569aafe2b3be.jpg
b6af10a91ee48d06349a1d69d2f8ac4b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Built last winter. Have.pics of of it all along the way. All White Oak except for panels on sides and bottoms of shelves. Faces of shelves Red Oak. Weighs about 250lbs. Top is 2.5 " with 4" skirting.
01d7795ec17ce2982a14686e8949edb7.jpg
7390842ed3809340eeade073edb659c0.jpg
ebba0650842fbbf1058edeec01770bc5.jpg
2cb0064e31c45a2b5266569aafe2b3be.jpg
b6af10a91ee48d06349a1d69d2f8ac4b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Wow! Great job!

A pecan table from a tree I milled:
AR1EjfU.jpg

V37zG7T.jpg

A mesquite desk:
UAi8VAX.jpg

jzyBoBh.jpg

Mesquite coffee table:
7oxyi4C.jpg

A pecan desk ( Milled the top, but the panels are pecky pecan veneers I bought)
ozlf9x9.jpg

n42pNhG.jpg

Another pecan desk from the same tree:
mhvKuhD.jpg

A mesquite table:
lATAmgi.jpg

A mesquite desk:
dScZHs5.jpg

31wMEYr.jpg

a mesquite table (I call this the horse table)
9UvcBZA.jpg

A cherry table:
ATBnbwv.jpg

ceigG3z.jpg

A mesquite humidor:
Jg0S7hw.jpg

ZOPvc7E.jpg

AR1EjfU.jpg

V37zG7T.jpg

A mesquite desk:
UAi8VAX.jpg

jzyBoBh.jpg

Mesquite coffee table:
7oxyi4C.jpg

ozlf9x9.jpg

n42pNhG.jpg

mhvKuhD.jpg

A mesquite table:
lATAmgi.jpg

A mesquite desk:
dScZHs5.jpg

31wMEYr.jpg

9UvcBZA.jpg

A cherry table:
ATBnbwv.jpg

ceigG3z.jpg

A mesquite humidor:
Jg0S7hw.jpg

ZOPvc7E.jpg
Beautiful work! Those woods are gorgeous!

AR1EjfU.jpg

V37zG7T.jpg

A mesquite desk:
UAi8VAX.jpg

jzyBoBh.jpg

Mesquite coffee table:
7oxyi4C.jpg

ozlf9x9.jpg

n42pNhG.jpg

mhvKuhD.jpg

A mesquite table:
lATAmgi.jpg

A mesquite desk:
dScZHs5.jpg

31wMEYr.jpg

9UvcBZA.jpg

A cherry table:
ATBnbwv.jpg

ceigG3z.jpg

A mesquite humidor:
Jg0S7hw.jpg

ZOPvc7E.jpg

Wow. Lovely stuff. Just like we can tell a fair bit about a faller from the stumps they leave, your works speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing.

Latest projects, these were a challenge. Used Walnut, Cherry and Norway Maple. Got some great grain and figure as the tops of the stands were resawn from thicker boards, one reason I like to mill thicker boards.

Beautiful!

Dam Table
Backstory on this.... I have a client who makes apothecary items and recently she asked if I knew where any cottonwoods were for the buds..me being the nice guy that I'm said sure. Long story short, wacked three cottonwoods down next to a beaver dam, figuring that the buds will go to my client and the beavers would have the rest (as they were constructing a dam very close by)....Move ahead 3-4 weeks and i went back to see what the little guys had been up to..turn out the had pulled most of the trees away with the exceptions of a few bigger pieces.
Since i'm a creative type guy I grabbed the larger ''logs'' (6-12") and brought them home with the intention of doing something with them.... Move ahead to last weekend, wife bring up the conversation of our crappy deck table and since I build high end tables for clients ''why do we not have a ''nicer'' table''.. SO you can see where this went to ..
The top is fir left over from another project and the remainder is cottonwood (dark leg is actually wild cherry)[IMG_6189.JPG IMG_6192.JPG IMG_6194.JPG .. I think the only thing I milled with my chainsaw is the logs and after that I ran everything thru my large bandsaw...
I'm happy , the wife is happy and i'm confident the beavers are content.
(yes..that is growth you see on the pics)View attachment 736522 View attachment 736522

Back