• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
naturalsculptures.webs.com
Sawmill shelter. The beam is from Home Depot, posts are eastern red cedar and purlins pine. Span twenty feed mines posts, that makes it nineteen feet.
I bet it'll be nicer milling under shelter.
Looks good.
Those are called rafters though. Purlins are something different, but no biggie.
I'd have to put in another post here with our high snow loads, or a WAY deeper and larger beam.
Are the posts 6"x 6" size?
What size is that beam two 2"x 10" or 2"x 12"?

Czech_Made

Czech_Made

ArboristSite Operative
Rafters are pine too, milled them myself. 2x6-10. Forgot to list them. :)

Posts are real 6x6, just cut, no planing.

The beam is 1 3/4 x 11 7/8, it was abut $100 at Home Depot, quite happy with it.

ML12

ArboristSite Guru
A "boat shelf" for the living room. Planking is red cedar, ribs and keel are maple. The fiancé says she wanted one, so I figured I'd try to make a boat, then turn it into a shelf. Lots of re-sawing was required.

20191125_172250.jpg

20191125_162506.jpg

20191123_151717.jpg

The cedar has some dry rot holes, which don't matter, but what I can say is that I have a new appreciation for people who build wood boats. Also, I've learned a lot so next time (if there ever is a next time) I know what not to do.

cantoo

cantoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
I don't post here but I likely should be reading here more. Woodland Mills HM130. This is my grandsons basement. He was 4 when he helped cut the live edge on the bandsaw. My wife is getting pictures developed of him hauling the logs home and him pushing the saw while cutting them on the mill to put on the shelves. Picture is kind of dark but 65" TV, cedar mantle and electric ( yes electric) fireplace below it, backing is beadboard from Home Depot. Both sides are 36" high cabinets built in place and Home Depot doors ( for now). 19" cedar wide counter, 12" and then 9" wide cedar shelves above it. On top is a bulkhead with led pot lites.

Attachments

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
naturalsculptures.webs.com