What are your firewood saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya Boomer I seem to have all covered as well...obviously not out of need but severe want. Please don't tell my wife that I don't desperately need two for each CC class!!!

I'm a believer in the 30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100ccs saw club (I like em all). In fact there all my favorite at one point or another

That's where I'd like to be for firewood saws. After next week I'll have a 40, 50, 60, 77, and 90. That'll have to do for a while.

I guess I'll survive, somehow...

:)

I used to be a full believer in the 50 and 70cc club and that there was no need for a 60cc saw. Then I met a Landrum 562XP...very hard to put down.
Funny that's exactly what happened to me. Showed up to a gtg and ran the same model from the same builder. Four months later I bought one from spike60

How's that oiler on that 65? Ever get that straightened around?
It works fine. I thought I tagged you in the post but must not have. I do appreciate the pointers you gave me. I pulled the filter and it was completely plugged with what almost looked like silk comprised of all of the contaminates that got stuck in there over the years.

Even turned down all the way it oils the 16" bar nice.

It works fine. I thought I tagged you in the post but must not have. I do appreciate the pointers you gave me. I pulled the filter and it was completely plugged with what almost looked like silk comprised of all of the contaminates that got stuck in there over the years.

Even turned down all the way it oils the 16" bar nice.
Yup that's the issue I had on one I have here. Im going to have to switch cases the one that is on the saw the gas tank is rotting out white flakes and crud just keeps jamming up the carb...I have another case that is flawless so im going to put new seals in it and switch it out.

Yup that's the issue I had on one I have here. Im going to have to switch cases the one that is on the saw the gas tank is rotting out white flakes and crud just keeps jamming up the carb...I have another case that is flawless so im going to put new seals in it and switch it out.
The "new" tank on my Mac has that problem. I hopefully have put gas in there and shaken it up and dumped out enough to stop it. I do have a half quart of the red cote product if needed.

The "new" tank on my Mac has that problem. I hopefully have put gas in there and shaken it up and dumped out enough to stop it. I do have a half quart of the red cote product if needed.
Yeah I had that idea also I was surprised at how good this other case is. Absolutely no peeling paint or anything. I have a new base gasket on order and new seals ill get those switched out. I may hone the cylinder and put a meteor in it just to freshen it up. Put 1194 on the base gasket and install. I have found with these 65s that the intake has a tendency to leak. Be forewarned that if you buy a carb kit for these the intake gasket is not the right size and does not cover the impulse hole....why I have no idea. You have 2 options order one separately or make one which is what I usually do. I also put aviation make a gasket on both sides of it thin coat to help it seal up. That seems to keep it from leaking. If you get it nice and hot and you go lean in the cut dollars to donuts that's the issue.

Yeah I had that idea also I was surprised at how good this other case is. Absolutely no peeling paint or anything. I have a new base gasket on order and new seals ill get those switched out. I may hone the cylinder and put a meteor in it just to freshen it up. Put 1194 on the base gasket and install. I have found with these 65s that the intake has a tendency to leak. Be forewarned that if you buy a carb kit for these the intake gasket is not the right size and does not cover the impulse hole....why I have no idea. You have 2 options order one separately or make one which is what I usually do. I also put aviation make a gasket on both sides of it thin coat to help it seal up. That seems to keep it from leaking. If you get it nice and hot and you go lean in the cut dollars to donuts that's the issue.
Sounds like a lot of work? Maybe sealing the tank is easier?

drain gas out of tank..pull out filter and hose....throw some small sharp hard rocks in there. shake like mad!!! get the rocks out,,and clean it with whatever..then go to a auto store, and get the red tank sealer,,and use according to directions..wayyyyy good stuff..about 34 a qt....end of problem..............

drain gas out of tank..pull out filter and hose....throw some small hard rocks in there. shake like mad!!! get the rocks out,,and clean it with whatever..then go to a auto store, and get the red tank sealer,,and use according to directions..wayyyyy good stuff..about 34 a qt....end of problem..............
I was going to say to use BB's from a shotgun shell or three.

Back