What did Santa bring you this year?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a 24" on it, and in oak it's the longest bar I'd want to use on it...

I cut these from both sides,

standard.jpg

I cut as far as the bar would reach with the 562/24" and then finished from the "other" side, with my Jonny 2260 with 20" bar.

SR
Thanks. very nice saw. I'm trying to choose my next saw. was set on the 372 but now I'm not sure. 562, 372, or 576. Largest id run would be a 28 but mostly a 24. but a 18-20 inch seems to cut 90 percent of all logs I handle.

Man, I always loved my lineman boots, wore stock Redwings. Don't care how they made my feet feel, they made me 2 inches taller, Joe.
I got so used to wearing 10 inch boots that when I wear shoes, the arch of my feet hurt. I have a pair of redwings that just won't give up on me. They sure do take a beating.

I wore my lineman boots for years after I quit climbing, even when I went to UPS. After several years of my feet killing me, I went to a foot doctor, and he said doing the delivery work I did for UPS, I needed a good pair of walking shoes. So, I switched to New Balance walkers. Now 25 years later, my feet are the only part of my body that don't hurt.

Andy-Claus has a very unique way of figuring out exactly what Andy wants for Christmas.
It'll be a mighty long stocking to fit that 12ga O/U into I think.

Awesome! When I first got my promotion to manager that Christmas I got a o/u 12ga, I've always wanted one. I was cleaning it the other day, really just wiping it down. My wife says, you got that last year right.... no babe, two years ago...... really it's been that long......yeah babe maybe it's time for another gun for Christmas.

She just walked away

At least I tried

It appears that 'ol Saint Nich has bestowed upon me two lovely axes from overseas, one a limber and nimble petite from Sweden, the other brawny yet eager to please from the Basque country of Spain... It appears that one has already arrived and is receiving my special treatment before their maiden voyage.

I put a 24" on it, and in oak it's the longest bar I'd want to use on it...

I cut these from both sides,

standard.jpg

I cut as far as the bar would reach with the 562/24" and then finished from the "other" side, with my Jonny 2260 with 20" bar.

SR
Big bars are fun to run at times when you need them for stuff like that, but I don't think I'd want to run it all day. Too heavy. I have a 28" bar/chains for my Stihl 044 for just such an occasion. Got an 18" for it too.

Big bars are fun to run at times when you need them for stuff like that, but I don't think I'd want to run it all day. Too heavy. I have a 28" bar/chains for my Stihl 044 for just such an occasion. Got an 18" for it too.

I agree about running the long bars. I like my 395 a lot more with the 24" than with the 36". Just more balanced with the 24". There are times when you just need that extra reach though.

This is a sofa that was handed down from the oldest daughter to the oldest daughter, in my mom's family. My sisters didn't want it and I did, so now it goes to the oldest son. We can date it to 1880 by the grand mothers that owned it. It was last upholstered back in the 60's and was torn, faded and had stuffing sticking out, looked quite ratty. My wife asked, "since we have to keep it, can the kids and I get it reupholstered, for your Christmas present?" I said sure, Joe.

GFgmamo.jpg

This is a sofa that was handed down from the oldest daughter to the oldest daughter, in my mom's family. My sisters didn't want it and I did, so now it goes to the oldest son. We can date it to 1880 by the grand mothers that owned it. It was last upholstered back in the 60's and was torn, faded and had stuffing sticking out, looked quite ratty. My wife asked, "since we have to keep it, can the kids and I get it reupholstered, for your Christmas present?" I said sure, Joe.

GFgmamo.jpg
Nice Joe.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Nothing yet, I’m still thinking what I want for my 60th birthday, 65 birthday, im 68yo. And my retirement present.

Back