What did you buy yourself today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Splitter was $500. marque tent was $300, Shelter was $600. Wife says to sell the shelter, too small for the sawmill and she's tired of me whining about it. Another sale on 2 weeks and they sell the shelters too so hoping to get the 30x 65 one. Will be able to keep mills and a stock of logs inside of it for the winter work no matter what it's doing outside. It only went for $ 2700 this sale but was planning to just get 2 of the 20x30' ones instead.
These shelters are cheaply made but all I need them for is 3 or 4 years and my other building will be done by then, it's 32x 80'.
Sandhill, are these shelters, car hoists, tool benches from China not doing the auction route around Michigan? They've been selling them for about 3 years over here. Sometimes prices are crazy high and the next time they are in my price range.

Hope you enjoyed but that's about the last place I'm buying a steak from.

There is a "steakhouse" about 3 blocks from me, but I've never liked their steaks. Bad cuts of meat and/or poorly cooked. I don't go there anymore. I was really impressed with Applebees the two times I've been there. Really good cut, really well cooked!

Not today, but I did add a small sledge hammer to my tool collection.

Back story -- My 6yr old wants to do everything that his daddy does. Obviously, an 8# sledge is out of the question. I bought a 2# "engineer's hammer" from Harbor Freight and replaced the 16" handle with a 22" handle. The weight is perfect for him.
(2# for a 50# kid is the same ratio as an 8# for a 200# adult)

After about 6 swings, he looked like he has been swinging the thing for years. His aim is quite good and the hammer comes down with power.

Just like daddy - only smaller.
Sledge Hammers.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg IMG_5166.jpg IMG_5168.jpg IMG_5175.jpg IMG_5180.jpg Hated to cut this one. It's a Beach, and had a lean over the log decks, splitter, conveyor, Posch, and fork lift, and a bad spot about two feet from the ground where a small stem rotted out on the back side. Didn't really compromise the tree much it turns out. After topping, they turned the truck around with the chipper and shot the chips in the woods. The smaller stems are mostly cut up and split tonight in front of the wood shed. Should finish it up tomorrow after loading a customer in the morning.

The UHMW on the splitter table is truly impressive. Someone (I sent SuperSplit an email and photo, hint, hint...) with a CNC could maybe make some money selling precut and drilled UHMW inserts. There is no mod to the splitter itself except for bolting the table mounts under the beam and running some self tappers into the existing table. Wax your SS tables with an old candle and you will have a good idea of the difference it makes pulling pieces back to re-split.

IMG_1376.JPG

I picked up this cart from tractor supply lastnight for $149 to use on a job today. We're doing a deck out the back of a middle townhouse and I couldn't get my truck back there. 16 bags of concrete on this thing at a time, and it didn't even flex 42 bags moved with ease... going to use it as a wood cart and for future jobs as well.

30c7c93ba09ac3fa28c4e991a93fe93e.jpg

New pre cleaner for the ms261-cm we picked up last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2c5863d2e18be58d88976a231def6a14.jpg

185652509d7ab163c683ce61d6442ff4.jpg

Purchased a new 261-cm as my general purpose saw and an old 045 AV to be setup for some Granberg milling. My wife picked up the 261 from our local dealer while I was meeting a guy on CL for the 045.

Haven’t run a tank of gas through either one yet but I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back