What do you do to secure equipment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s cool. I bet you meet a lot of interesting people along the way.

I think driving truck of some sort would be a lot of fun once kids are out of the house. Different beast than what you are doing but I’ve often thought about getting my own dump truck as I’ve got gravel on my land and could do a pretty decent side business and most gravel men in my area won’t even call you back.

Yeah in 33 years, I have met a Lot of “INTERESTING “ People (BIG Grin), Some of them I consider Friends, many others I do Enjoy working with, and hearing the latest from

My first 14 years tractor/trailer were for a Food Service company, delivering to Burger King, Arctic Circle, Burgerville, Wendy’s and Arby’s, in Oregon, Washington, Western Idaho and Nor Californicated, I did enjoy seeing many of the same people every week

Then 14 years with the Foam Plant, again on very consistent routes, a Lady at a customer in Nampa, ID was about 6 years older than me, but our Lives had many parallels with weight loss, Diabetes, and trying to find that Special Someone to share our lives with, we were never more than Friends, but would often talk a bit longer than it really took to get my paperwork signed. It was just Friendly Support, I was Really Happy for Her when she met Sam, unfortunately she passed away because of a Heart problem only a couple years after they married, it was Sad, but I was Glad she did find Happiness in her last years. I also got to know many of the Furniture and Mattress customers, especially in Spokane, WA, I used to run into John and Cindy at Chili’s, and they always invited me to join them, I have met a lot of Wonderful People over the years, I am a people person, and that is one of the things that I have liked about what I do, also the ever changing scenery, 9-5 in a cubicle, would either drive me insane, or kill me.

One of the guys that I worked with at the foam plant, for about 14 years, did buy a dump truck, and went to work for himself, I still talk to him, just talked to him Saturday, and he is doing Well, and doesn’t have any regrets about it, I really think that he would tell me, if he did have any regrets. If you have your own gravel, and space to park the truck, there’s a couple of bonuses, Marc hasn’t got either of those, and he is still Happy with his choice. It would definitely be something to look into too, if it interests you.

Doug

This is what the maker of my trailer offers.

3d4f80086f4152ecc305f5e085896577.jpg

5fd718c26ee9ea85ea9d56fc3b89360e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what the maker of my trailer offers.

3d4f80086f4152ecc305f5e085896577.jpg

5fd718c26ee9ea85ea9d56fc3b89360e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would help with the kid and a pickup truck. Any wrecker with a wheel lift/ tow bar would be down the road with that trailer no problem. Cameras, GPS trackers are your best bet. Let them take it if they want it, it's not hard to steel trailers/ equipment. Local farm equipment has had full sized tractors taken, with gates, and cameras. The first time they bad guys won. The next few times, the gps trackers got them back.

Nope, don’t care for the doubles, that was my only experience with a full trailer, been there, done that, don’t care to go back, but no one told me anything about pinning the turntable

I like being able to back up, but this coming week (and Hopefully MORE, after that) I am going to be on a Lazy (Wo)man’s route, 5 stops out of Medford, palletized and a lift gate in a Straight truck, 65+ hour week, 12 hours travel time round trip, 56.5 cents/mile-700+miles for driving my personal vehicle there and back plus $75/night Layover pay, all adds up Nicely for little sweat week. The only real downside is the Midnight start times, guess ya gotta take some Bad with the good

Doug

Sorry AGAIN, Sandhill (Wink)

Sounds more like a super B then a mule train, both don’t sound like much of a blast. Being in a different part of the trucking industry then you are even though we’re from the same area my perspective is different. If we’re lucky you can be piggyback with the log trailer, next best especially for a mule train is hopped up, next is trailer down back in with a turkey rack/short logger rack, and last is backing in a mule train especially a 3 axle with a tandem under the dolly. If you want some real enjoyment one day watch one of those Marston 4 axle long loggers back up without the lift axles on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like was said earlier, if they want it, they will get it. I had a Z28 stolen from in front of the house. Had an alarm system on it. For 5 nights it kept going off, I'd go out there and reset it. Then the last night they broke into the neighbors car, moved it back, picked up mine with a tow truck and left, going the wrong way down a 1 way street. They left his car in neutral is the only way we think we figured out how they got it.

Like was said earlier, if they want it, they will get it. I had a Z28 stolen from in front of the house. Had an alarm system on it. For 5 nights it kept going off, I'd go out there and reset it. Then the last night they broke into the neighbors car, moved it back, picked up mine with a tow truck and left, going the wrong way down a 1 way street. They left his car in neutral is the only way we think we figured out how they got it.
Boy I’d be staking out the lower end towing companies and watching for private wreckers driving around at night if that happened to me.

Latest posts

Back