What do you guys stack your wood on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gregg, love that woodshed of yours.

I have some equipment I'd like to park in there! :laugh:

Yea, I leave the center open. So I can get 4 wheelers, trailers, my old 8n tractor etc. in and out through there. Its a shame really, that big old barn was made for loose hay & livestock years ago.
Can't get much of anything of size in it. The main part of the barn, has enough drive in space, to get a combine in without the head, corn planter. They weren't made for machinery back in the day. LOL Where I stack wood, was a cattle shed at one time, that was added on back in the 50's.

Gregg,

Lots of great ideas here and my postings about using cement blocks aren't meant to knock any of them. I've had a habit of collecting cement blocks whenever I get the chance for 30 years or so....so I may be a little biased. Cement blocks aren't for everyone but I suggest you snag 'em up when you can. They have quite a long half life. When I see the paint, etc. on these blocks it reminds me of the places I got them.

I have a couple of stacks like this out in the woods, an almost perfect habitat for paper wasp.

I sell just a little smoking wood and here is how I get 1/4 cord measurements. The 1/4 cord stack end 4x4's are from pallets and just happen to fit into the block cores. If you notice the wood supporting the tin on the wood shed...it is made from 12ft. long pallets. The stack of pallets on the left of the smoking wood are 12 footers I had left over and will be using them for sides if I don't let them stand there until they rot. Of course they are up on block, too.

Here's how I stack firewood in the woodshed on blocks. Note how one row of blocks catch the ends of two rows of firewood. I use metal soil erosion stakes to span the gap from the ground to the woodshed walls because they don't rot. I'm pretty sure the air movement under the wood rows speeds up drying quite a bit even though the stacks touch each other. As far as critters living under there....our 3 cats go in and out of the passage ways working as a team! :laugh:

Man, lookit those nice trucks! Whats the reach on the boom truck?

Thanks man.

The bucket is 65ft. to the floor and 69 ft. to the top lip of the bucket and if you stand on the lip you can reach to almost 79 feet if you one hand a top handled saw! :laugh:

Ya, just from the picture it looks quite a bit bigger than the boom the bushwhackers used on the oak in my yard. Theirs only went to 55 foot. They show up and I said you aint gonna reach very good with that, the old guy said aww, thats only a 70 something foot tree, we can do it..I stare at him and go that tree is over 90 feet tall and it is 110 foot wide....

It was interesting watching them trying to deal with it...

Latest posts

Back