What do you keep in your field kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickert

Reaction score
What replacement parts do you all carry in your daily saw pack?

In addition to the basics like a scrench, torx wrench, and file, what do you all carry in your pack for on-the-spot repairs?

I keep a spare chain, E-Clip and washer, and used to keep bar nuts before I got a saw with captive nuts. Never thought to carry a spare clutch bearing until today when I accidentally broke mine while doing some annual saw maintenance. I also keep an old bar in my rig just in case.

I will obviously be ordering a couple spares now. Anything else I should keep in the pack?

2 extra entire saws
extra winch that goes into trailer receiver, front and back.
spare ax
spare hand saw.
spare dozer even <G>
etc.

as far as replacement parts....

A whole other saw is ideal. If my main saw goes down for whatever reason, having another one to switch to is great.

Spark plugs
Oil/gas Caps
pull cord
Bearings
sprockets
Chains(2 extra for every saw)
Used to carry bar nuts as well...but all mine are now captured

As far as a pack....
Everything for field sharpening
Extra wedges
Extra screnches
Ear plugs
Safety glasses
Gloves, insulated/non insulated
First aide kit
little bottle of mix oil just in case I run out of mix gas....or some skid steer operator runs over my gas can...or someone else runs out

Seems like a lot when you lay it all out...but it fits in a fairly small pack.

If I am going to be gone a month or so I have three pages of items to be checked off. At least three hundred items. 400 gallons of water and four saws with plenty of spare parts. Every saw has its own pack such as air filter spark plug and three new chains. For a after noon endeavor which is rare about one box of goodies and two saws. Thanks

Thanks for the input folks. I do a lot of trail clearing where I am often several miles away from my rig hiking with my saw, so it is always a balance between weight and convenience.

Back