• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

What do you use to view the forum?

What screen resolution do you to view the forum in?

• Total voters
Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
I've been wondering this lately. I am upgrading from my 15 y/o 1080P 60hz monitor to a 1440P 144hz monitor as soon as the brown truck arrives this afternoon. When I post pictures, I usually crop the unimportant stuff off and resize them to under 1080P and 250KB for easy loading/viewing. It occurred to me that those that have higher resolution monitors might see a much smaller picture than I do. I expect I am going to scale my desktop up so that my icons are the normal size, and the pictures on my screen will appear to be the same size as they used to be on the lower resolution monitor.

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
I've been wondering this lately. I am upgrading from my 15 y/o 1080P 60hz monitor to a 1440P 144hz monitor as soon as the brown truck arrives this afternoon. When I post pictures, I usually crop the unimportant stuff off and resize them to under 1080P and 250KB for easy loading/viewing. It occurred to me that those that have higher resolution monitors might see a much smaller picture than I do. I expect I am going to scale my desktop up so that my icons are the normal size, and the pictures on my screen will appear to be the same size as they used to be on the lower resolution monitor.
A 144hz - 1440P?

What kind of video card do you have?

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
It's an old one at the moment, an AMD FX-8350. It's probably choking on what that card is trying to feed it. I'm waiting for AMD to release the Zen 3 processors in the early summer. I'm building a new rig then.
No kidding, an FX-8350 with a 1080. No interest in a new Intel CPU?

I have an i5-6500. Good enough for now and a good placeholder for a 770oK maybe in the summer.

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Intel is kinda proud of their offerings. I've always gone with the budget underdog. I always had Radeon GPUs until this latest adventure with Nvidia. Picked up the 1080 last summer to replace an old old old HD4770. I might have gone Intel as well but with the Zen line, AMD finally put out something competitive. I'm going with the rumored 3850X, the 16 core 32 thread 5.1ghz CPU if that rumor pans out and the reviewers give a thumbs up. We shall see what they actually release.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
It's an old one at the moment, an AMD FX-8350. It's probably choking on what that card is trying to feed it. I'm waiting for AMD to release the Zen 3 processors in the early summer. I'm building a new rig then.
No kidding, an FX-8350 with a 1080. No interest in a new Intel CPU?

I have an i5-6500. Good enough for now and a good placeholder for a 770oK maybe in the summer.
Intel is kinda proud of their offerings. I've always gone with the budget underdog. I always had Radeon GPUs until this latest adventure with Nvidia. Picked up the 1080 last summer to replace an old old old HD4770. I might have gone Intel as well but with the Zen line, AMD finally put out something competitive. I'm going with the rumored 3850X, the 16 core 32 thread 5.1ghz CPU if that rumor pans out and the reviewers give a thumbs up. We shall see what they actually release.
Mods can we move this to the geek thread.:laughing:

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
Do you need 16 cores?

You doing content creation or something?