What happened here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshTanner

Reaction score
Hello - I'm new here so please bear with my stupid question. I have some old oak trees in my yard. This morning I was looking around in the yard and saw some odd holes in the soil, and that it had been disturbed. Then I noticed one of the trees looked like it was rotting or something (not sure its related to what I see in the soil). I could literally start to break it apart. I am posting some pictures so you may be able to tell what's going on here. Its a solid 30ft tree and has been behaving normally in teh Fall and Spring. Please advise, and ask me any questions. Thank you!
IMG_1360.jpg IMG_1360.jpg IMG_1359.jpg IMG_1358.jpg IMG_1357.jpg IMG_1356.jpg IMG_1355.jpg IMG_1354.jpg IMG_1360.jpg IMG_1359.jpg IMG_1358.jpg IMG_1357.jpg IMG_1356.jpg IMG_1355.jpg IMG_1354.jpg

Adventitious roots arising from the callous of the wound reaction. I've seen them growing extensively into highly degraded heart wood on occasion.

Life from death as they say.

Latest posts

Back