• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

What happened to blue Smurf Makitas?

livemusic

livemusic

ArboristSite Operative
I keep learning about various Makita saws and each time I get interested, I'm hoping it's blue but, nope, it's orange! I suppose I'm in the minority but I am drawn to that blue smurf color scheme. What's up with so much orange now? Is there a general statement that can be made about blue color no longer available? USA or just what is going on with that? Like, right now, I am looking at 35cc to 50cc saws. Last week, it was bigger saws but I'm over that, lol. TIA!

Adam08ski

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Uk has blue Makita. I just got a 6100. Loved the little 420/4300/421 or what ever they call them now. Great great great little saw. Knocked the little ms241 I had out the park imo

mogulmasher

mogulmasher

ArboristSite Guru
My understanding is that once Makita killed off the Dolmar name they changed their pro saws into Dolmar red and homeowner makitas are still blue.

pavel408

pavel408

ArboristSite Operative
I keep learning about various Makita saws and each time I get interested, I'm hoping it's blue but, nope, it's orange! I suppose I'm in the minority but I am drawn to that blue smurf color scheme. What's up with so much orange now? Is there a general statement that can be made about blue color no longer available? USA or just what is going on with that?
USA+Canada: Makita gas RED, Makita electric BLUE
Europe: Dolmar RED, Makita BLUE and both can be gas or electric - depends on the market

Brent Nowell

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
USA+Canada: Makita gas RED, Makita electric BLUE
Europe: Dolmar RED, Makita BLUE and both can be gas or electric - depends on the market
When did this change? It must have been within the last year cause I was looking at a catalogue in 2018 and they were all blue here in canada

Matt93eg

Matt93eg

ArboristSite Operative
I suppose I'm in the minority but I am drawn to that blue smurf color scheme.
I’m with you. I love the blue. I scored a 6401 a while back in blue. Love it. Just a sexy looking saw IMO and the muffler and top cover on mine are blacked out. Love the blue/black scheme.

pavel408

pavel408

ArboristSite Operative