What happened to Sherrill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckeetree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Whoa! What happened to Sherrill Tree? I tried to place an order a while back and got the "answering service" at 11:00 in the morning on a Monday. Then a week or two later I was told "We don't guarantee the lowest price on anything brother" Then today was told to disregard the prices in the newest catalog because everything was about 20% higher than priced and most of it is going to unavailable. What the Hell? Send me to the company I need to change over to.

I just now opened an email that explained Sherrill owned treestuff as of last year and that Sherrill sold out a few weeks ago. They are not even in the same building. New people altogether.

I see no indication that Sherrill owns or owned TreeStuff on TreeStuff's website. You think they'd at least tuck it in there somewhere. I'd be a little surprised. I have been happy with both, but have come to find TreeStuff had what I want more often. I have also been very happy with Midwest Arborist Supplies (treecaresupplies.com), Wesspur, and Baileys (I don't buy from those last too often because of shipping times...not their fault - just takes UPS a few more days to get it here). I've had nothing negative to say about Sherrill, but the "now that you are drunk, buy from us" email last night certainly rubbed me the wrong way.

I see no indication that Sherrill owns or owned TreeStuff on TreeStuff's website. You think they'd at least tuck it in there somewhere. I'd be a little surprised. I have been happy with both, but have come to find TreeStuff had what I want more often. I have also been very happy with Midwest Arborist Supplies (treecaresupplies.com), Wesspur, and Baileys (I don't buy from those last too often because of shipping times...not their fault - just takes UPS a few more days to get it here). I've had nothing negative to say about Sherrill, but the "now that you are drunk, buy from us" email last night certainly rubbed me the wrong way.

Well, I guess be surprised...I was. But yeah, Treestuff sold to Sherrill. And then Sherrill, who was in financial trouble (which they may or may not admit but I got this extremely straight from the horses mouth today) was forced to sell to an investment group that had propped them up. New location...new management. Most of the old employees are still there but they are not real sure what is going on. You know, I knew something was up when Sherrill got in bed with Vermeer a while back. My source tells me that was a just another attempt to stay afloat.

My first encounter with Sherrill was unfavorable, and I was very pleased when I found TreeStuff a few years ago ... always great service from them. Then I was quite disappointed when TreeStuff was bought by Sherrill. Hearing of Sherrill's demise now makes me worry what will become of TreeStuff.

Checked their website and all seems normal other than the link mentioning changing locations an shipping changes. I can't believe a company would send out an email saying "now that you're drunk ..." . Could they have been hacked or corrupted somehow? Did anyone order something as a result of the drunk email?

Something smells....

Well, I guess be surprised...I was. But yeah, Treestuff sold to Sherrill. And then Sherrill, who was in financial trouble (which they may or may not admit but I got this extremely straight from the horses mouth today) was forced to sell to an investment group that had propped them up. New location...new management. Most of the old employees are still there but they are not real sure what is going on. You know, I knew something was up when Sherrill got in bed with Vermeer a while back. My source tells me that was a just another attempt to stay afloat.
Well, indeed, count me as surprised. Interesting that the Buzz thread was started by Luke in July. here is an announcement from TCIA in January.

On the other hand I am not that surprised. It is EXTREMELY common that smaller companies are bought by larger as they grow. Many people start a company with the intention of being acquired (not saying that was Luke's intention with TreeStuff's - I don't know one way or the other, just that it is a normal thing in the world of businesses...)

Checked their website and all seems normal other than the link mentioning changing locations an shipping changes. I can't believe a company would send out an email saying "now that you're drunk ..." . Could they have been hacked or corrupted somehow? Did anyone order something as a result of the drunk email?

Something smells....

I don't know, but I was pretty pissed off!!! I opened it up expecting to see hookers and cocaine priced to move:surprised3:, but it was just the same old hum-drum tree crap - spike pads, a rope puller.;)Very disappointing to say the least!!!

Latest posts

Back