what happened to split second log splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are no longer.

Seems as though Split Second was one of the more promising copycats. I wish Super split would copy certain features they had. Mainly road towable and a log lift. The good thing is all these companies coming out with kinetic splitters really opened the general publics eyes to this style of splitter. At the end of the day, I'm sure Super split is getting more business than before the copycats came out.

I'd like a SS. I looked at them all, and the SS has a number of them out that are 20-30 yrs old, and still going. Probably some with 1000 + cords through them.
My feeling was that the SS was the best of the lot. Not Vietnamese, Chinese, or cheapenese, but a solid, American product. Go ahead, pay some extra. I wanted the loader, and hwy. Towing too, but a good splitter cannot be beat.
N

I know the true engineers out here knew that Split second had the same guts as the super split, just better bearings. Split second went farther to offer more than super split in the ways of helping the consumer. The log lift sold with almost every unit, crazy huh, and road towable (almost all log splitters out there are road towable). It does cost extra for some reason with ss and dr. A larger table only helps them when it comes to shipping, because it breaks down smaller....you didn't think they did it for you did ya. Kinetic units are too hard to sell in a retail environment thus it needs a dealer network and a lot of educating. In time the kinetics will come around, and Timberwolf will want one for their family of splitters. Once you go kinetic...its hard to go back to that old sluggish hydraulic! One last pic for everyone! Split Second 2.JPGSplit Second 2.JPG

Lack of sales is my guess. Agrifab is too big to bother with a non- profitable item. It doesn’t matter how good the product is. I think the price is what killed them. For the same money most people will go with the super split.
I agree...

They were nice people to deal with and they had a good product...

SR

Back