Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

What I need to become licensed

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by SteelBuck44, Oct 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Squatch

Squatch ArboristSite Member

Digging up an old post, but any chance you’d be interested in sharing your waiver with me? I don’t do enough business to make it cost effective to buy insurance (few jobs a month, mainly to get firewood). I would like the peace of mind though, and have something to ease concerns of potential customers. Until my business gets big enough to require it anyhow.

2. ATH

ATH Addicted to ArboristSite

Get insurance. No good excuse not to and still pretend to be a business. If you are cutting firewood for personal use and not charging anything...yeah, get a good waiver.

Squatch likes this.
  3. Squatch

Not just for personal use. It’s for extra cash in my pocket and only something I do in addition to my day job. I can only hold 10-12 cords (in addition to what I keep for me) at any given point. I also have a mill setup and sell rough cut boards. I tend to mill those at the property I’m working at. Those are easier to store and people pay good money for them, but they don’t move as quickly.

4. ATH

ATH Addicted to ArboristSite

Then get insurance. You think you can't afford that....then you certainly can't afford to have an accident without!

Talk to several agents and explain what you are doing. It may be a lot cheaper than you think if you limit the scope of what you are doing.

Squatch likes this.
  5. Squatch

Good points. I’m definity not a climber so that should help...

ATH likes this.