What is it about fire?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logger nate

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not sure what it is but watching a fire sure is enjoyable. Weather it’s sitting in your favorite chair with a good cup of coffee in your living room on a cold day, or out in the mountains sitting by a camp fire surrounded by beutiful scenery. It’s like everything is ok now, all the stresses melt away.https://youtu.be/quUIM4WDusI
F8E1C864-FA5C-47FC-BDC5-48474188CD1F.jpeg

Not sure what it is but watching a fire sure is enjoyable. Weather it’s sitting in your favorite chair with a good cup of coffee in your living room on a cold day, or out in the mountains sitting by a camp fire surrounded by beutiful scenery. It’s like everything is ok now, all the stresses melt away.https://youtu.be/quUIM4WDusI
View attachment 688932

I like the fire and the view and that stainless Marlin. Is it a 45-70?

I always wanted a 45-70 and ended up with a marlin 336 in 35 rem and it's my favorite gun. It's very easy to walk through the woods with and packs a punch...o and yes I enjoy fire also. A nice warm fire in the pit or heating with the wood furnace, to bad I can't see it heat. I have one of those jell fuel fire places and I could sit there all night and watch it.

My favorite woods gun is a pump 12ga with slugs and open sights. Dont know why. Its pretty inaccurate compared to a rifle but i just have some connection to it for a reason i dont know.

But the one (ok, 2) caliber I desire the most to own that i dont yet have is a 45/70 in a lever gun and a 300blackout is a SBR..... i know, completely different ends of the spectrum but they have their purposes. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guy's do know a lever gun was the original assault weapon of the day. Henry said, load it on Sunday and shoot it all week. I just sold a Winchester 94 in .357 to a neighbor that made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
I have a big boy in .357 so I let the Winchester go.

You guy's do know a lever gun was the original assault weapon of the day. Henry said, load it on Sunday and shoot it all week. I just sold a Winchester 94 in .357 to a neighbor that made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
I have a big boy in .357 so I let the Winchester go.

For shame...

"Assault Weapon" is a made-up, fabricated term used by anti-gun activists. A brick is an assault weapon if used in a particular fashion, i.e.; assaulting someone. So is a fist, or a foot... A hammer even...

It just happens back to a simpler time. I like the smell, the sounds, the warmth. It's very primal.

What I really like is that lever gun...

Been thinking about getting a Henry in 45-70, such a cool (and old) cartridge, and lever guns are just awesome.

I'm looking into adding a Henry 45-70 some day soon as well, but his Marlin looks rather nice as well. I'll do a little more digging when the time comes but since Iowa now allows straight wall cartridges for deer season I can really justify owning one. Sorry your fire thread turned into a gun thread, but guns do contain fire right?

I'm looking into adding a Henry 45-70 some day soon as well, but his Marlin looks rather nice as well. I'll do a little more digging when the time comes but since Iowa now allows straight wall cartridges for deer season I can really justify owning one. Sorry your fire thread turned into a gun thread, but guns do contain fire right?

Well, they are considered "firearms" according to the ATF. I'm only considering ponying up the slightly more cash for a Henry because I've not heard good things about the QC of Marlin ever since Remington bought them out in 07'

Lol, no worry Cody, guns are good too:)
Well, they are considered "firearms" according to the ATF. I'm only considering ponying up the slightly more cash for a Henry because I've not heard good things about the QC of Marlin ever since Remington bought them out in 07'
Dont know much about the new ones, mine was made around 2000 or maybe before and seems to be of good quality.

I have one of the earliest versions of the Henry .357 made in NJ. It's not drilled and tapped for a scope like the later versions are. I'd like to put a peep sight on it but I don't want to drill holes in the receiver.

Lol, no worry Cody, guns are good too:)

Dont know much about the new ones, mine was made around 2000 or maybe before and seems to be of good quality.

Haven't owned any, so can't speak much to it. My only source of info are from others who've bought newer ones after Remington and say that the quality, fit and finish are not what they used to be. So, anecdotal, really...

View attachment 688932

fire goes back eons with man

just like man's urge to spread the seed

I have a newer maybe 8 years old Remington 870 and it's nothing like the older ones it's a cheaply made gun. I'd say my mossberg 500 is a better made gun. I also have a marlin 22 that I bought probably 7 years ago for 99 dollars new and its seems cheap but its accurate but not the quality of the old tube fed Steven's or whatever other brand made.

Haven't owned any, so can't speak much to it. My only source of info are from others who've bought newer ones after Remington and say that the quality, fit and finish are not what they used to be. So, anecdotal, really...
What you have heard is accurate. Remington / Marlin is not what or who they used to be. It's a shame too, but the ownership appears to only care about the bottom line. Investment companies are like that I guess.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back