What is this tube that flew out of carb compartment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckinmoody

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My room mate got this saw for doing some work for a guy. Saw is in excellent condition, and after I cleaned out the air filter for him I asked that he blow out the carb area (with light pressure). I see him blasting air at full force and this tube with wire wrapped screws in each end come flying out...where did it come from?Royals saw tube piece.jpg

Attachments

• Royals saw tube piece 2.jpg
    Royals saw tube piece 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 32
It goes on a little stub at the left of the air box. Should be pretty obvious unless it's broken off. Save the screws and use a new piece of hose to replace it.
Needs to be there for the fuel tank to properly adjust for changing air pressure as the fuel gets used. The screws just keep it from leaking but it will still weep a little.

Untitled.jpg

It goes on a little stub at the left of the air box. Should be pretty obvious unless it's broken off. Save the screws and use a new piece of hose to replace it.
Needs to be there for the fuel tank to properly adjust for changing air pressure as the fuel gets used. The screws just keep it from leaking but it will still weep a little.

Thank you kindly...

Back