What Kind Of Bugs Are These???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The past week, or so, they have been swarming the outside of the house.
Should I be concerned?
Do I need an exterminator?

Their undersides are mostly off-white, and while they mostly crawl, they do also fly.

DSC03356.JPG DSC03358.JPG DSC03359.JPG

I tried spraying with
1) vinegar
2) ant & wasp spray
3) soapy water

Didn't phase them in the least.
Guess I'll have to resort to picking them off one by one into a cup of soapy water, as suggested on several exterminator sites. :mad:
I don't see any now - they must crawl under the siding for the night?

Look for small gaps where they enter the house and seal those up.
Thank god I've not seen any in the house yet.
Sealing gaps would be impossible- the old farm house has nooks and crannies everywhere and the mobile home has vinyl siding which is fitted fairly lose to the frame... and then there's underneath... :dizzy:

How many are you seeing? I accidentally bring them in on wood all the time.
Lol "Swarming" was a bit of an exaggeration - I panicked when I saw them. :rolleyes:
But, there are quite a few, those pictured on the front windows, several around the front door and on the front and back porch... maybe a dozen, or so.
Nasty little fuggers jump on my head when I go in and out the doors! :eek:

Have you killed any so far? really strange wasp spray don't kill them.
I've drowned a few in soapy water. :D
Not as many this afternoon as yesterday... but one did jump on my head as I opened the back door. :dizzy: I picked him up with a piece of paper and dunked him in the "bath."
Even though I read squishing them so they let go their stink will warn others of danger, and make them stay away, I'd rather go the alternative route - stink-free..
Nope, the spray didn't phase them in the least.

:ices_rofl:
This is making me remember what the guys did with bag worms at the nursery I used to work for.
They hand picked them off the arbs, put them in sacks, then burned them all in a big pile in the parking lot. Sounded like corn popping.:pingpong::pingpong::pingpong::pingpong::pingpong:

I've drowned a few in soapy water. :D
Not as many this afternoon as yesterday... but one did jump on my head as I opened the back door. :dizzy: I picked him up with a piece of paper and dunked him in the "bath."
Even though I read squishing them so they let go their stink will warn others of danger, and make them stay away, I'd rather go the alternative route - stink-free..
Nope, the spray didn't phase them in the least.

:ices_rofl:
This is making me remember what the guys did with bag worms at the nursery I used to work for.
They hand picked them off the arbs, put them in sacks, then burned them all in a big pile in the parking lot. Sounded like corn popping.:pingpong::pingpong::pingpong::pingpong::pingpong:
I've done that a few times, I have pecan and black walnut trees and they get in them. i usually cut them off with a pole saw and pile em up to burn.

So, fyi, on the stink bugs...
Drowning them in soapy water is the way to go.
Good hunting today - got about eight of them - five were on the inside door frame between the storm door and the back door! That's too close! :mad:

I have a large plastic cup (2 pound ricotta container) filled about 1/3 with water and dish soap.
I used scissors to flick the stubborn ones, and they worked great for getting ahold of them, too. :D
The others just fell into the cup when I scooted it underneath them.
Not instant death, but they definitely can't get out and eventually drown.

I had nightmares last night about bugs. :eek:

So, fyi, on the stink bugs...
Drowning them in soapy water is the way to go.
Good hunting today - got about eight of them - five were on the inside door frame between the storm door and the back door! That's too close! :mad:

I have a large plastic cup (2 pound ricotta container) filled about 1/3 with water and dish soap.
I used scissors to flick the stubborn ones, and they worked great for getting ahold of them, too. :D
The others just fell into the cup when I scooted it underneath them.
Not instant death, but they definitely can't get out and eventually drown.

I had nightmares last night about bugs. :eek:
LOL, I killed one today. it was on the hood of my truck. I thumped it off the hood with my finger. I don't think it survived.

Back