What kinda spikes for pruning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky288XP said:
Climber1423,

Don't worry, we will have our day. When Kenny and Richy work for us, and they start b%tching tell them to **** and get up that tree. Plus at the rate you are climbing, one day you'll be giving Jim Roach, Teti, Strausser, etc a run for their money.

What do Rich and Ken have to put on their resumes; other then Ken's modeling picture.

Are they a Cert. Arborist, college grad. or even have some college exp. in Hort or Forestry, etc?

Remember years on big removals take their toll. Will a tree service hire Ken when he is 50 and beat to sh!t from hardcore removals everyday, yet lacks any other real professional credentials?

i make no bones about it..............i'm in tree work for the money. if having a arborist cert would give me a pay raise then i would have one. but in my area it would mean squat. like i said before i don't care if i work for you as long as you pay my day rate. i've been on both side's . i owned my own business and got tired of the head ache's and i'm happier working for some one. when i met you , didn't you tell me you wish they would let you attempt some of the big removals at work? why aspire to be something, then slam it?
i think i told rich what i make, why don't you ask him what my day rate is?

besides if you were as smart as you think you are you would have gone to school for a career in a better field than tree work.

Last edited:
kf_tree said:
i make no bones about it..............i'm in tree work for the money. if having a arborist cert would give me a pay raise then i would have one. but in my area it would mean squat. like i said before i don't care if i work for you as long as you pay my day rate. i've been on both side's . i owned my own business and got tired of the head ache's and i'm happier working for some one. when i met you , didn't you tell me you wish they would let you attempt some of the big removals at work? why aspire to be something, then slam it?
i think i told rich what i make, why don't you ask him what my day rate is?

besides if you were as smart as you think you are you would have gone to school for a career in a better field than tree work.

Wow thats terrible your in it for the money. Steves in it for the love of the trees. And he going to own a company and he wont have to climb anymore. When you first meet him he was learning the ropes and wanted to get a feel for it. Now he knows that big removal are a pain in the a$$ and hires monkey (like you) to do it. And he can crack the whip and say " Lets go, get this sh!! done and get ur 75 dollars for the day"

climber1423 said:
Wow thats terrible your in it for the money. Steves in it for the love of the trees. And he going to own a company and he wont have to climb anymore. When you first meet him he was learning the ropes and wanted to get a feel for it. Now he knows that big removal are a pain in the a$$ and hires monkey (like you) to do it. And he can crack the whip and say " Lets go, get this sh!! done and get ur 75 dollars for the day"

after you grow up a bit.......come back and i'll speak to you. steve doesn't love tree's he just loves feeling wood, other people's as well as his own. :laugh:

i see no point in going back and forth with you.........because at 15 i'm sure you know everything.

Alright enough,

Dan's right I like arboriculture for the trees, not the money. Ken some people with a modest amount of brains, such as myself, do it for the gratification. I don't turn wrenches, play with a plethora of modded saws, etc. I like tree care from a holistic approach. I have removed a few big white and red oaks with 36" plus DBH, but commented on how it would be nice to crane a big tree since it is not a common occurence around my area.

I believe a few successful people told me to pursue what I love to do, and the money will follow.

There you go again with putting words in my mouth. I never said I knew everything, I just use my knowledge of what I know. Which I think is alot for my age. O' and I bet you have your dictionary rate next to your computer looking up Steves' wide range of vocabulary.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

climber1423 said:
There you go again with putting words in my mouth. I never said I knew everything, I just use my knowledge of what I know. Which I think is alot for my age. O' and I bet you have your dictionary rate next to your computer looking up Steves' wide range of vocabulary.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't confuse knowing a lot for a 15 yo with know a lot about any subject.
Experience isn't everything but it is essential to truly understand any subject.
You are at a pivotal age.........if you shun the people that have the knowledge you need, you will choose a difficult road. Experience often gives us the ability to recognize mistakes before they happen.........or happen again. If you refuse to humble yourself a little to wisdom then you will have to learn it all the hard way.
This is not the profession to make a lot of mistakes in........mistakes in arboriculture usually cost a lot of money and/ or pain.
There are old arborist and bold arborist.........but there aren't any old, bold arborist.

hey husky288xp

you better tell your parents your little brother figued out how to get past net nanny again. ha ha ha :laugh: :D

im in it for the $$$ thats for sure,who would do this crap for the love of it?

What a come back Ken. Did you get that one online or did you think of it all by yourself.
And a lopa people that are in it for the love of trees, are the people who will succeed. Anyone can climb a tree and or cut it down. If Steve didnt love it theres no way he would being going to school for it or even climbing period. People who are in it for the money are arrogant assh0les. Who think they are good but they know the basics to get by.

Forget it xander - this is the kind that only learns by hard knocks, and after a loooong time.

Or not at all.

Husky288XP said:
Climber1423,

Don't worry, we will have our day. When Kenny and Richy work for us, and they start b%tching tell them to **** and get up that tree. Plus at the rate you are climbing, one day you'll be giving Jim Roach, Teti, Strausser, etc a run for their money.

What do Rich and Ken have to put on their resumes; other then Ken's modeling picture.

Are they a Cert. Arborist, college grad. or even have some college exp. in Hort or Forestry, etc?

Remember years on big removals take their toll. Will a tree service hire Ken when he is 50 and beat to sh!t from hardcore removals everyday, yet lacks any other real professional credentials?

How did I get pulled into this???:dizzy:

Steve you know well what I do and I am happy doing it!

Some men are chiefs and some are indians..............I fall into the indian category.

I have worked for you.....and.....you have worked for me. Never a bad moment on the job.

As long as the individual is happy where they are in life that is all that really matters.

I have one person to impress and try to improve on and that is myself!

climber1423 said:
What a come back Ken, Thanks alot steve called my mom and now i'm grounded.
And a lopa people that are in it for the love of trees, are the people who will go broke and be home less. Anyone can climb a tree and or cut it down except me and steve, were too scared. If Steve didnt love it theres no way he would be bending over taking the wood by his teachers at school. People who are in it for the money are intelligent people who support their families and have money in the bank.

well put wee one..........:laugh: :D :laugh:

rahtreelimbs said:
How did I get pulled into this???:dizzy:

Steve you know well what I do and I am happy doing it!

Some men are chiefs and some are indians..............I fall into the indian category.

I have worked for you.....and.....you have worked for me. Never a bad moment on the job.

As long as the individual is happy where they are in life that is all that really matters.

I have one person to impress and try to improve on and that is myself!

hey rich **** and get back up the tree!!!!:laugh:

KF tree people like you who drive dodges are the poor one who cant afford real trucks like GMC/Chevy. (And that stupid trophy on the front grill. Whats that from the special olympics?:laugh: )
A lopa dont get mad that you cant afford a top handle saw because your not making enough money and you have to use corona in the tree.:laugh:
You guys on here are a bunch of bull????ers tring to get over on people. What your getting is an erection from fighting with other guys!:dizzy:

climber1423 said:
KF tree people like you who drive dodges are the poor one who cant afford real trucks like GMC/Chevy. (And that stupid trophy on the front grill. Whats that from the special olympics?:laugh: )
A lopa dont get mad that you cant afford a top handle saw because your not making enough money and you have to use corona in the tree.:laugh:
You guys on here are a bunch of bull????ers tring to get over on people. What your getting is an erection from fighting with other guys!:dizzy:

your just upset because santa sh@t in your stocking. i didn't set out to buy a dodge. i bought a cummins wrapped in a dodge truck. 250,000 miles and purrs like a kitten. i also have a 2004 land rover discovery and a 71 mercedes with 62,000 mi. not bad for a wanna be tree man making 75.00 a day huh?

steve must be happy to be home for the winter break.......in a few days he may even be able to sit down

i bet you hope you get the same teachers he had.:D or should i say the same teachers that had him.

Is 1423 really 15? I don't know the guy but it sounds like some of you do know him in real life. If he is 15 he's sure doing a good job of sharing all of his worldly knowledge...and impressing me with his ability to ingratiate himself to the rest of the profession.

Back