What makes someone a logger ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, that is Squirrely Shirley, my next door neighbor. Shirley could grow anything. These kind of wood customers are important to have.
What I like about Shirley, is that she is a character , sorta like for the same reason I like Slowpe.
looks like she could give uuu a run for your money.....and backhand uuu, if you got out of line......:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lawns are a stupid waste of resources. I'm not a fan. That said, I have one. I'm a lowly renter.
Hey we all have to have something to call home, trust me I back to living a trailer but we do what we have to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Only half John? Hurry up. This site is still my go to for this reason- threads like this. On another site I check in on you'd think those guys all flutter slightly above earth on those angels wings they've got. None of em cuss, drink, or do anything that you couldn't do at a church social. I feel like I'm conversing with a bunch of Ned Flanderses over there.

Given the risks of the business, I will never understand they type who do not swear. If we see our buddyies crushes or all tore up, words get you hurt? Figure I would want to keep the kids away from blood and gore, not naughty words.

I'll bite.
I understand what you are saying... in theory. In actuality, words have meaning. And while I can understand some words are just more crass terms of some general things that don't really hurt anything, other words imply very different things, and kids know that words have meaning and will explore those meanings. You do the math.

We have several families we know that are going through MAJOR issues because america doesn't seem to care about censoring anything anymore. We don't over protect our kids but teach them what to do when things come up, which they always will.

Yes, I cuss sometimes, but only certain words and never in front of my kids.

Its got to be a regional thing. Everyone I know and I mean everyone from upper class down to the lowest of the low drops f bombs on a pretty regular basis. Just in general conversation from ritzy housewives to general laboring types. Not in front of the kids of course. That's really hillbilly stuff. I don't start conversations with f this and f that but if they drop one I know I'm in good company. I know a few guys who don't swear and I kind of look at em sideways. Here it's just kind of a part of life. I expressed this same sentiment on the other site and all I got was it's a shame where our country is headed and I must be a hypocrite because I go to church every Sunday but swear in between. Yeah ok. Full of **** I say. Ride that high horse you sonsabitches!

the current client, asked me whether or not I take the "sabbath" off... (I had to stifle a laugh)

I find my self watching my language more then ever on this job.

Also I try not to swear infront of kids... but its tough, I don't have any, don't like em, and try and treat kids as an equal rather then some miniature lesser human... So I tend to swear a lot... guess I'm more hill billy then I thought...

Its got to be a regional thing. Everyone I know and I mean everyone from upper class down to the lowest of the low drops f bombs on a pretty regular basis. Just in general conversation from ritzy housewives to general laboring types. Not in front of the kids of course. That's really hillbilly stuff. I don't start conversations with f this and f that but if they drop one I know I'm in good company. I know a few guys who don't swear and I kind of look at em sideways. Here it's just kind of a part of life. I expressed this same sentiment on the other site and all I got was it's a shame where our country is headed and I must be a hypocrite because I go to church every Sunday but swear in between. Yeah ok. Full of **** I say. Ride that high horse you sonsabitches!
What you say??!!. Lol, I'm just gonna catch the last bus heaven.
Being the self appointed Chief Woodtick around here, all I can say is keep the woodchips flying!
Cheers!
Timber Tramp.

When i was younger the saying was you have a mouth like a sailer if you cussed .

Its got to be a regional thing.
And that pretty much takes us back to subject. Its all in how we preceive things as to where we are from or what we do. If I talk about 'the face' "Opening up the face" "bringing up the face" "splitting the face" "gouging the face" ect. I'm talking about a falling face. If I say 'cutting my face' most people on here would think I'm talking about an under cut. Some people would actually think I cut my face. Say face to your gf and she will thing she's getting some. Most people don't read between the lines and say its the same **** but its actually the same Shît different pile.
I'm a falling contractor.

No I'm not! I'm a contract faller.

I asked for directions today from a couple of young woman but I addressed them as 'guys' as in "you guys".. Lol but its acceptable in plural to address woman as guys?
It is here anyway. It still seems funny after you say it. Just don't say it in singular when she has her lingerie on or if there's two of them for that matter, that's just wrong. OK John? Woman can say " f* you 'man' to another woman but what she can't say to her is 'f* me man".

This is my new job now. Teaching Muslims abvanced street English.
This is all got to be confusing to them.

I think the further north you move, the more the girls tend to swear, or so it would seem.
I can't count how many times girls told me I could kiss them where they pee.
Not ever being that sharp, I never picked up upon those kind of exclaimations.

Noteably, the Aussie girls use the C word quite easily
Always a nice word to hear.
If us guys are arseholes, it's only safe to say that women are crunts.
Back on topic, a logger is a guy who is probably dirty and greasey and a very underpowered 394 who still has a lot to learn, but doesn't care.
I never get sick of cuttin', but have done my 10,000 cords and 5million feet of logs.
So even if it all ended tomorrow, I can't say it wasn't fun.
How luckey we are.
Glad we all have this kind of rapour.

Just a hat's off to all our wood customers. If you give someone a gift with no strings attached, it pays big dividends.
And sometimes your next bush.
I think I can still do the job.

Latest posts

Back