What makes the ms361 so great?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just is the perfect allround saw, at a lot of cutting sites, like most of mine - and there really aren't any serious competition in the 60cc class these days..

..the 357xp could have been, if it had an inboard clutch and a tad more ccs - but it doesn't. - and the 262xp is discontinued, and have more weaknesses, except for the ccs......

Last edited:
It just is the perfect allround saw, at a lot of cutting sites, like most of mine - and there really aren't any serious competition in the 60cc class these days..

..the 357xp could have been, if it had an inboard clutch and a tad more ccs - but it doesn't. - and the 262xp is discontinued, and have more weaknesses, except for the ccs......

It is the perfect all around saw. Plenty of tree companies around here use them and have for years.

this is what i have been saying. the 361 is the pefect homeownersaw. it does little for most pros, just not the right size for the job.

$600 LoL! :confused:

the saw does not live up to the hype stock.

What you have to say around here doesn't matter anyway. Your lack of knowledge is known.

Lot of pro's around here run the 361 and have for many years. Very reliable and effective for the tree work that they do. We don't have the same size trees as they do in other parts so not much need for anything larger.

Learn something before you do any bashing again. Get's old after awhile.

Almost forgot. You are just another Wanabe.:dizzy:

I never use
anything smaller than a 372 on the ground, why ---- around!

Me too, the 361 is a bit small. Pefect, uhhh.....whatever. Best climbing saw-020/200, fact. On the ground, each to his own. I prefer Huskies, XPs of course.

The reason the 361 is so well liked is that it is perfect for serious firewood cutters, and that not all tree companies have the need for a 460 or 660 size saw, although many have them too. I watched Westar energy's tree people cleaning up after the ice storm that hit the midwest in early december, and saw a LOT of 361's as well as 192 and 200t's.

Back