What next?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw sales have been good recently. I've sold 8 saws in the past week with three more pending payment, one still for sale, and two more going on the block soon. It's nice to get some room in the garage and some $ in the saw budget again.

In addition I'm giving the 350 to my uncle and the 4218 to a friend who don't have saws.

My main 5 saw plan is 2186, 562, 550, 346 OE (en route to Carl's shop), and 3601. The 550 is and the 346 will be ported. The other three have timing advance and muffler mods.

I keep mulling a modern 70cc saw but really don't need one. I'm building a L77 this winter as time allows also so technically there will be a saw in that class.

It usually seems that when I part with a few saws, a few more backfill their spot. Maybe I'll just see what shows up. Unless you guys think there's a model of saw I just need to have...

Didn't you post a video of your ported 550xp a while back? Do you have any video of that on some bigger stuff, cookie cutting or otherwise?

On topic: if you want to go real modern, and can wait, you could go 462 or 572.

I had posted one in the spring with the 550 but it was in 14" aspen with a 16" bar so it kind of just tore right through it. I wish I had thought to take a video of the large aspen I cut a few weeks ago as the first several cuts buried the 20" bar.

I've thought long and hard about selling the Jonsered and getting a ported 7900. But that's lots of extra cash to upgrade a saw I rarely use anyhow.

Do you have a pole saw? Thats on my wish list right now.

Also a hot little top handle saw pocket pro if you will. I've got a couple broken top handles that need attention. One is a Jred 35 that they don't make parts for and I'm afraid to use, and the other is a cs280e that has the bar studs rounded off and they don't make bar studs anymore for it.

Not money making ideas but something different...

I have a Remington pole saw. Runs pretty well after tuning it right.

I have my Poulan 2000 and 2300 top handles. They run pretty well now.

I've sold 8 saws in the past week with three more pending payment, one still for sale, and two more going on the block soon.

Might have to vote you off the island for heresy. Not sure if this is a censure, denouncement, or banishment offense.

I keep mulling a modern 70cc saw but really don't need one.

Maybe wait until the new STIHL and Husquvarna models come out; you will probably want one of those.

Philbert

Might have to vote you off the island for heresy. Not sure if this is a censure, denouncement, or banishment offense.

Maybe wait until the new STIHL and Husquvarna models come out; you will probably want one of those.

Philbert
Lol only 4 of them were runners and it funded turning a ho hum stock saw into a powerhouse.

I find myself wanting to use my good saws but always end up grabbing one of the other ones. Going to change that. I really only need the backup saws to make sure there's at least one at each place in case a storm comes through and I don't have a good saw.

The three saws that really intrigue me right now are the Husky 439 because it's 8.6 lbs, the Husky 465, and that new 55 cc Makita. But they are all overlap over the current starting lineup.

I wish I could give my 4218 away I have no interest in using it. I want to give it to my son but he's 3 lol

My next step is either a 272xp or something that can be built into one or a reasonably priced 038. I have realized since my last tree cutting that the 3 saws I have are all I need the other 3 are useful but not enough that I need them but they are not worth anything either.

I dont have a big saw and when cutting with another person and I'm providing the saws a big saw would be nice. The big bore 290 works fine but I want a 70cc saw for the hard work.

My craftsman and poulan of the same style are nice for cutting small stuff or taking on the atv but the 028 would do that and more.

I wish I could give my 4218 away I have no interest in using it. I want to give it to my son but he's 3 lol

My next step is either a 272xp or something that can be built into one or a reasonably priced 038. I have realized since my last tree cutting that the 3 saws I have are all I need the other 3 are useful but not enough that I need them but they are not worth anything either.

I dont have a big saw and when cutting with another person and I'm providing the saws a big saw would be nice. The big bore 290 works fine but I want a 70cc saw for the hard work.

My craftsman and poulan of the same style are nice for cutting small stuff or taking on the atv but the 028 would do that and more.
I hear you. I try to give my less desirable saws to people who need a saw. Hopefully the goodwill will help me get other saws in the future.

Back