ArboristSite.com Sponsors

What programs are you using?

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by patolmbrjck, Feb 6, 2018.

1. patolmbrjck

patolmbrjck ArboristSite Lurker

In our office we use a combination of Arborgold and Quickbooks. AG for customer database, estimates, jobs and scheduling and invoicing. Once the checks get deposited then the rest is in QB's. That's how we've done if for years, and it works pretty well. The problem is AG is now online and it's very slow, plus we have a big customer database and I think that slows it down.
    I'm looking at using other programs that would work better for us. I'm less and less a fan of AG (it's got way more stuff than we need, and it's slow) and would love to know what other tree services are using. We've looked into Quickbooks online but it's pretty stripped down and doesn't offer much customization for forms etc.

What are you using and what do you like about it?

2. Gold Coast Shipping

Gold Coast Shipping ArboristSite Member

bump for interest - We are using generic spreadsheets for admin (quote request right through to work complete), and QB online for billing. Our volume has started to make spreadsheets inefficient, so we're looking for options.

3. tidy

tidy ArboristSite Operative

Im using jobber but have nothing to compare it to- cept spread sheets haha, a few guys on another forum use it as well

4. Tree94

Tree94 ArboristSite Operative

I use quickbooks for payroll / bookkeeping and Excel for all invoices, estimates and contracts.

5. The Singing Arborist

The Singing Arborist ArboristSite Member

Same with many others...quickbooks and excel.

Company I worked with last year was just switching to arbor gold, but i didn't get to test it. They switched from a program called CLIP, which was a terrible program.

I guess the only thing i have to offer is don't use CLIP.

6. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

I use Excel to keep track of orders and Quikbooks online for doing up the invoices/receipts, P&L, etc.

QB online isn't too bad. When I first got it, it was $10/month, but now they've upped it to $15/month.
    I thought about just buying the regular Quickbooks, but the files can't transfer between the two! (go figure right). One nice thing is that it links to the bank account so putting in expenses is fairly quick that way. Just click on the transaction and put what expense account.

7. Ghillie

Ghillie Addicted to ArboristSite

Jobber for customer relations, proposals, work orders, scheduling, invoicing, online payments and time clock for employees. Quickbooks online for book keeping and payroll. I can send a link to anyone wanting to switch to Jobber, I think it saves you $150 (and me too).

Customers have an online portal to look at their invoices and proposals. They can approve proposals online also.

8. jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom It was a beautiful day!