What saw you got that will always start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of them.

Every now and then I screw up a cold-starting routine with one of them (because they are not all the same..) so I have to un-flood or something, but generally not.

they all start 1 pull when hot. If it takes 2 a quick carb adjustment is in order.

I had a MS 260 that I bought new in 2004. I just gave to a relative. Hopefully he forgives me. One of the most miserable piece's of equipment I have ever owned. Almost soured me against Sthil chainsaws altogether.

I have bought two new Stihl's within the last year since getting rid of the MS 260. Things much better now.

My 3 saws all start pretty decent, the 400 Echo is probably the easiest but It really hasn’t seen much hard use.

My Pioneer Farmsaw used to ride around in a box on the back of my atv (for years). Sometimes I would need it a few times in a single year. Many times I wouldn't use it for 2 or 3 years at a time as I always used my Husky for chainsaw work. That Pioneer always started regardless of how old the gas was or how long the saw bounced around in that box. Definitely the most reliable saw I will ever own.

My Mini Mac 30 is probably my most reliable starting saw. Not that long ago I repaired the lousy recoil, i was pulling it over just to make sure the recoil worked, about the speed of 4 "thumps" per second. The ignition was on and that sumbitch started with no choke or anything, completely caught me offguard.

I'd also have to say my Poulan 4218 starts very well, but it should for a saw that probably literally has less than an hour running on it. That was a freebie saw from a family member that bought it, used it 2 or 3 times, and then let it sit for years with stale gas.

Not that long ago I repaired the lousy recoil, i was pulling it over just to make sure the recoil worked, about the speed of 4 "thumps" per second. The ignition was on and that sumbitch started with no choke or anything, completely caught me offguard.
:lol::lol::laughing::laughing:

My McCulloch 7-10 automatic started up with some fresh fuel and a few yanks. God knows the last time it ran before it was given to me. My first real chainsaw! (Other was an electric from harbor freight)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All of mine. My 250 will flood if I don't pay attention and miss the first"pop" on full choke but that's it.

When I was growing up,Dad had a McCullock 1-53 saw that,if you started it,you didn't shut it off until you finished cutting. 80cc and about a 20 lb head.Don't miss fighting with it although I'd like to run it once more.

I have a dated McCulloch 3818 that I bought decades ago before I was afflicted with CAD.
It can sit on a self for years with stale mix and still start with a couple pumps of the priming bulb and a few pulls of the cord.
It tries so hard to be a "pro" saw, that I just can't part with it.
My MS362 would be another I would point to as an easy starter, but I don't keep stale fuel in it either.

My McCulloch 7-10 automatic started up with some fresh fuel and a few yanks. God knows the last time it ran before it was given to me. My first real chainsaw! (Other was an electric from harbor freight)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The old saws just dont seem to be bothered as much by sitting for years. My 111s sat for 15-20 years. A little mix down the carb and this is what it took to get it going.

Back