What Saw's On The Kitchen Island Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I had to do a reality check there for a second. I could have sworn you already replied to my post but I scrolled up and lo and behold you replied to SVK lol. Man it sucks getting old:crazy:. I know you don't like working on saws but that's what I've been up to a lot lately. I have quite a pile of them to build and sell. I've had the 357 done for a few weeks, and I finished a 365 Special this week. I have 2 more 365s half assembled on the bench right now - 1 needs crank seals and I will test the other tomorrow. Of course, hours and hours of cleaning parts.... anything that I sell is always spotless inside and out. I guess I attended the same saw sales academy as Chipper1 ha!
What's funny, is I actually did reply to you, I just forgot to hit post reply, did you sense it o_O.
I actually don't mind working on things, but I did so much of it out of necessity that if I can avoid it these days I do :yes:. But, I'm glad you're bringing some great classics back to life :clap:.
Mine aren't always spotless, but they sure look nice when they are :cheers:.

What's funny, is I actually did reply to you, I just forgot to hit post reply, did you sense it o_O.
I actually don't mind working on things, but I did so much of it out of necessity that if I can avoid it these days I do :yes:. But, I'm glad you're bringing some great classics back to life :clap:.
Mine aren't always spotless, but they sure look nice when they are :cheers:.
I like the classics - it's what I grew up and what I lusted for but could never buy when they were new. I feel good when I can get one back to nice condition and it is genuinely hard to let them go once completed. So far I haven't sold any 2 series though - that's the red line for now lol.

I like the classics - it's what I grew up and what I lusted for but could never buy when they were new. I feel good when I can get one back to nice condition and it is genuinely hard to let them go once completed. So far I haven't sold any 2 series though - that's the red line for now lol.
I like the classics too, but for the most part stick with the 3 series and newer these days, although if it's the right saw :innocent:
I went thru my 2 series stage a while ago. That yr my goal was to learn what I could about them since I had never owned one, not sure how many were bought :dizzy:, but I learned a lot :yes:.
Can you believe this was the first one I ever owned, bought off the original owners son after his dad passed, never fired :surprised3:.
@Drptrch :p.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 10.52.04 PM.png

I like the classics too, but for the most part stick with the 3 series and newer these days, although if it's the right saw :innocent:
I went thru my 2 series stage a while ago. That yr my goal was to learn what I could about them since I had never owned one, not sure how many were bought :dizzy:, but I learned a lot :yes:.
Can you believe this was the first one I ever owned, bought off the original owners son after his dad passed, never fired :surprised3:.

View attachment 800801

That’s pretty enough to turn me to husky lol

Yeah, but you couldn't have handled that one :laugh:.
This one would have been more your size.
Also never ran.
View attachment 800888
You must have an angel sitting on your shoulder to collect 2 brand new Anniversary year saws lol. Maybe you should build a museum as well!

You must have an angel sitting on your shoulder to collect 2 brand new Anniversary year saws lol. Maybe you should build a museum as well!
I believe when you work hard at something you'll find it, I read it "ask, seek, knock" the context obviously isn't in regards to chainsaws, but Matt 6:33 says seek first the kingdom and all these things( material things) will be given to you as well :bowdown:.
You make it sound as if I keep them all :lol:.

View attachment 800801

Yeah I See it :()
Added a few digits instead...Like 1813 to be exact : )))))))
ce13e5e8dd745ae745de62b13dcfe30e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With an original bar?? Wow that is nice!!! I’ve heard good about that model
The bar on the 288 is period correct as well, very cool stuff :).
I figured this would be one you liked better though.
Never fired 036 pro :surprised3:.
It came with the original bar too, I think I stihl have that bar.
Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.56.43 PM.png

Thanks Brett. It will be a nice saw for someone. It has taken me weeks to convince myself to sell it lol. I don't know how you let so many nice saws go hahaha! I have a fairly nice 365 Special that's going after this one.

For some reason, I want to add a special to my collection before it's all said and done. No real reason, just like the way the 70cc 3 series saws handle, and the low top variety has kinda grown on me. I thought Chipper was going to sell me his, but he can be kinda' stingy at times.

The bar on the 288 is period correct as well, very cool stuff :).
I figured this would be one you liked better though.
Never fired 036 pro :surprised3:.
It came with the original bar too, I think I stihl have that bar.
View attachment 800933

How do you not run these!!! That’s why I can’t buy one of those(and I can’t afford the NOS price lol). I would gas them up and play. Although if the bar was an old one and cool it would get hung up and saved

For some reason, I want to add a special to my collection before it's all said and done. No real reason, just like the way the 70cc 3 series saws handle, and the low top variety has kinda grown on me. I thought Chipper was going to sell me his, but he can be kinda' stingy at times.
Ask him if he has any 365 Sorta Special's sitting around.... @chipper1

My first 08S restoration. Didn't really have to do that much. It was complete and clean, although paint was worn. I measured compression at 155 psi and it passed crankcase P&V test with flying colors. Had good spark. Piston looked great through exhaust, so I didn't even do a top end. US cleaned and rebuilt carb and disassembled and cleaned starter assembly. The rest was mostly cosmetic, such as repairing a broken fin on the starter. The orange was a close match to the original color, the rest is Ford light gray. Bought a good used name badge which is only taped on in the picture. Although I have no doubt that it would run fine, this one will be a shelf queen, an addition to the decor of our cabin in the Ozarks
.20200223_192508.jpg 20200223_184009.jpg 20200224_101543.jpg 20200224_101559.jpg

Latest posts

Back