What Saw's On The Kitchen Island Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first 08S restoration. Didn't really have to do that much. It was complete and clean, although paint was worn. I measured compression at 155 psi and it passed crankcase P&V test with flying colors. Had good spark. Piston looked great through exhaust, so I didn't even do a top end. US cleaned and rebuilt carb and disassembled and cleaned starter assembly. The rest was mostly cosmetic, such as repairing a broken fin on the starter. The orange was a close match to the original color, the rest is Ford light gray. Bought a good used name badge which is only taped on in the picture. Although I have no doubt that it would run fine, this one will be a shelf queen, an addition to the decor of our cabin in the Ozarks
.View attachment 801046 View attachment 801047 View attachment 801048 View attachment 801049
Thats sweet, they are a cool looking old saw. I almost got one when I was buying a closed port 55, saw it on the floor under the bench and asked what it was. He showed me, but made it seem as though it was a family heirloom, seemed like it was going to be very expensive so I didn't ask. Then there was the fact I was hoping he would offer to throw it in with the 55 :).

Ask him if he has any 365 Sorta Special's sitting around.... @chipper1
See what you did there lol.
For some reason, I want to add a special to my collection before it's all said and done. No real reason, just like the way the 70cc 3 series saws handle, and the low top variety has kinda grown on me. I thought Chipper was going to sell me his, but he can be kinda' stingy at times.
I will as soon as I steal the bottom end for the 372xpw :).
I do have a nice 365xt with the transfers ground and a muffler mod that's ready to go, its of the low top variety, I don't want to be to stingy lol.
20191227_131702.jpg

See what you did there lol.

I will as soon as I steal the bottom end for the 372xpw :).
I do have a nice 365xt with the transfers ground and a muffler mod that's ready to go, its of the low top variety, I don't want to be to stingy lol.
View attachment 801142
That is more of an XTra special....not sorta special LOL!!!!

Another beauty though.

I do not know how you find these gems. I do not even see nice saws for sale around here that are overpriced, let alone priced well enough to buy and pass along a deal to another person!

That is more of an XTra special....not sorta special LOL!!!!

Another beauty though.

I do not know how you find these gems. I do not even see nice saws for sale around here that are overpriced, let alone priced well enough to buy and pass along a deal to another person!
That's a good one lol. The special is in the basement chilling lol.
Thanks.
Patients, being ready to pounce when the deal comes up, sometimes that means being willing to drive a couple hrs to make it happen.
Drove a couple either way last night to pick up another stihl :).
I've been waiting for yrs to get one, anyone want to buy my Tecomec super jolly, it's the one with the hydraulic clamp.
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 9.20.06 AM.png

Thanks.
Patients, being ready to pounce when the deal comes up, sometimes that means being willing to drive a couple hrs to make it happen.
I've been waiting for yrs to get one, anyone want to buy my Tecomec super jolly, it's the one with the hydraulic clamp.
View attachment 801238
Bet that one stores in the upper cupboards. Or maybe in the bedroom closet!

The electric kind, not the kind that wears an apron: You have to take them apart first but the dishwasher works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We have hard water, I'd need to get a water softener first, wouldn't want water spots on my saws lol.
I have thought of getting a shower enclosure to use in the basement as a place to clean saws off with air. Scrape all the big stuff to the drain and have it drop into a bucket/drawer under it.

Did you buy that husky you been dreaming of in the TP yet :).

We have hard water, I'd need to get a water softener first, wouldn't want water spots on my saws lol.
I have thought of getting a shower enclosure to use in the basement as a place to clean saws off with air. Scrape all the big stuff to the drain and have it drop into a bucket/drawer under it.

Did you buy that husky you been dreaming of in the TP yet :).

Pfft.

I did think about that other xpw for $300: on the minty one I can’t justify spending more for it than I did for either of the (2) MS461Rs in the picture above: both came just as you see them.

That new ported XPW not a bad buy, really, but I’ve been fortunate with those 2 color saws. They are my money makers.
090c1cb95f53541acfeceaf7ad8cde16.jpg

Pfft.

I did think about that other xpw for $300: on the minty one I can’t justify spending more for it than I did for either of the (2) MS461Rs in the picture above: both came just as you see them.

That new ported XPW not a bad buy, really, but I’ve been fortunate with those 2 color saws. They are my money makers.
090c1cb95f53541acfeceaf7ad8cde16.jpg

I must have missed the 300 one.
Those 461 are great saws, little muffler mod and a timing advance and they come to life, ported even more.
Like I always say, what works for one doesn't always work for everyone, I like to run them all, the handling on the huskys is the best for me, stihls are getting a bit more angle on the top bar these days though so they feel a bit better :).
What are you doing in the picture, hard to see on my phone.

Thanks.
View attachment 801238
A Stihl grinder used on an Oregon chain that goes on a Hooskie?! Blasphemy! :happy:

Cool, do you have a fix outside of the factory ignition?
What's the husky box?

I’m going to try the methods described on this forum to get them working. I already spent hours on the 056 trying to get a factory ignition to work to no avail. The customer gave us the saw.

The Husky box has parts and bars and chains from the 3 saws. All equipment we sell put together, fueled up, ran and carb adjusted if needed. We use the boxes the equipment comes in for repairs or no fixes for customers when the saw is broken down with parts in baggies and so forth.

I’m going to try the methods described on this forum to get them working. I already spent hours on the 056 trying to get a factory ignition to work to no avail. The customer gave us the saw.

The Husky box has parts and bars and chains from the 3 saws. All equipment we sell put together, fueled up, ran and carb adjusted if needed. We use the boxes the equipment comes in for repairs or no fixes for customers when the saw is broken down with parts in baggies and so forth.
That's cool. I've never tried to fix one, but I have read about the fixes before, I know that's one of the main issues with them and avoided them in the past because of that. I do what I can to avoid working on them :yes:.
What saws do you run?

That's cool. I've never tried to fix one, but I have read about the fixes before, I know that's one of the main issues with them and avoided them in the past because of that. I do what I can to avoid working on them :yes:.
What saws do you run?

That's why I brought all 3 home to practice on the ignitions on my own time

I take two saws with me when ever I go cut, my 372 and 353

I work on all saws

Latest posts

Back