What saws to bring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to be cutting down a big aspen this weekend to make a video for the barber chair thread (ok maybe I'll end up cutting a few more trees too)

The three saws that definitely will be coming are: 6-10 that I bought from Guido that I haven't run yet, 350 Husky that @mortalitool built for me that I haven't run yet, and the NIB Echo CS-352 (EBay/Pawn Shop find) that I want to test out.

Since the 241 is already in the truck I'll take that. And I really wouldn't want to disappoint the Miller Mod Saws 550 so I'll take that too.

I better leave some room for the kids to sit too. :innocent:

Well there's one for the CAD thread.
Just a bit out of balance. Your 'want' is definitely exceeding your need when you have a wagon load of saws you haven't ran yet.

You just may have CAD when...

As far as your topic here?....
I wouldn't jump to any quick decisions just yet. You may want to check the local listing first to see what is out there?

On second thought: I'm sure you have done that.:crazy2: haha.

Go with your very first instinct.
When I judge a lean on a tree, I stand in the pocket on the high side. I look at the ground, I look up the tree quickly and back to the ground and go with that first thought. Its a system at least and it has sure helped out my wedging skills.:dizzy:

Well there's one for the CAD thread.
Just a bit out of balance. Your 'want' is definitely exceeding your need when you have a wagon load of saws you haven't ran yet.

You just may have CAD when...

As far as your topic here?....
I wouldn't jump to any quick decisions just yet. You may want to check the local listing first to see what is out there?

On second thought: I'm sure you have done that.:crazy2: haha.

Go with your very first instinct.
When I judge a lean on a tree, I stand in the pocket on the high side. I look at the ground, I look up the tree quickly and back to the ground and go with that first thought. Its a system at least and it has sure helped out my wedging skills.:dizzy:

Pics of her pocket.

Brought 5 saws plus I have two more at the cabin. Should be able to get the tree on the ground anyhow.

View attachment 557389
Judging by your arsenal this should be a multi day job. Sooooo....... I say use each saw exclusively, per day, until the cutting is complete. Each day/saw is it's each own 8+ hour vid.

Should suffice:numberone:

I chaired a 6 inch alder tree yesterday ,3 times on the same one .,had a 90 degree lean due to snow load , did the back cut first ,on the 3rd chair it went up 6 feet off the cut and came off the stump .:numberone:

If an Aspen is Murdered in February does anybody hear it?

So....what happened? Was it trembling or were you trembling when it died?
Trick question, obviously Aspens don't tremble on this continent in February, even at death.

I don't see any update to the "barberchair" thread in regards to filming said activity. Its now Sunday.
This obviously can only mean one thing.

Must have been an 'unintentional misplacment' leading to an 'intentional misplacment':laugh:

I have the falling on film. However the lean was much less than I had remembered so it no longer was a BC candidate.

Plus the face cut on video looks ridiculous because the chain I had was super grabby and the saw was bogging.

Back