What should a 372xp rebuild cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wash-climber

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 372xp, pre xtorq. At idle it slowly drops in rpm until it dies. When I tilt it to its side the idle speed goes up. Bad crank seals? I checked the cylinder, light scoring :( I'm wondering what would be fair to pay a shop to rebuild it. Crank seals, cylinder, piston, fuel lines, etc. I am working too much to do it myself, as I am an inexperienced builder.

Reference: my shop quoted 450 to fully rebuild my 200t.

OEM parts will be in the neighborhood of $250. Most shops charge $60 and up for an hour of their time. I could see them billing between two and four hours for the labor, so $400 would be fair.

If you cleaned up your cylinder, sourced your own parts using the aftermarket where it makes sense, and did it yourself you could spend right around $100-$150.

OEM parts will be in the neighborhood of $250. Most shops charge $60 and up for an hour of their time. I could see them billing between two and four hours for the labor, so $400 would be fair.

If you cleaned up your cylinder, sourced your own parts using the aftermarket where it makes sense, and did it yourself you could spend right around $100-$150.
Unless it needs a new oem p/c, then he blew the budget.:)

Agree, light piston scoring. Might be able to clean up piston also. New rings $15, gasket and seals $10. If keeping it, worth a try.
The 2156 I picked up recently had a piston as close to any that I could have re-used. I've never done that. It will be kept to go with the saw when I sell it after I run it.

The Chinese kit for rebuilding the 372 is $200 with crank and big bore cylinder. The husky cylinder/piston is $190.

I have honing stones for nickasil. The cylinders were marked A, B, C, D depending on the bore size. If the cylinder is an A then it can be opened up to a B,C or ,d? Thinking that D is the biggest bore.

Great advice! It looks very light, I think then that new rings and cleaning up the p/c should do the trick. I'll get it pressure tested to make sure the crank seals are good.

Where do you guys get your parts? Best rings to use?

Forget the hone. HLsupply had caber rings. Single ring is 50mm 1.5mm thickness, two ring piston is 1.2mm thickness.

The Chinese kit for rebuilding the 372 is $200 with crank and big bore cylinder. The husky cylinder/piston is $190.

I have honing stones for nickasil. The cylinders were marked A, B, C, D depending on the bore size. If the cylinder is an A then it can be opened up to a B,C or ,d? Thinking that D is the biggest bore.

Most piston cylinder combinations will spec okay with one another. D being the largest, A being the smallest. When I raced dirtbikes alot, I tried, note, tried to order a matching piston to bore letter, but after many many hours and multiple top-ends I realized it's not really that big a deal as they spec so closely together. Just check the ring end gap as that's what I found to be the most important tolerance. I don't know if aftermarket pistons are have the designated lettering, and if they did I don't think it would help to match it to a different brand cylinder. I'm not expert, and someone with real knowledge will be along to correct me. This is just how I understand it. The letter designations only applied to oem piston/cylinder assemblies to. Buying middle of the road letter pistons ie. B or C pistons will likely work fine in any letter stamped cylinder.

Who offers the best in quality after market 372 bigbore kit besides China?

My crank feels ok so it’s just crank bearings, crank seals, gaskets and the B.B. kit. Plus my release the beast porting.

Who offers the best in quality after market 372 bigbore kit besides China?

My crank feels ok so it’s just crank bearings, crank seals, gaskets and the B.B. kit. Plus my release the beast porting.
Spikes I found uses factory and good priced. I have 4 or 5 pistons still left from a buddy of mine that works for Ross performance he made me a couple dozen good eggs that I use on some real world nast port jobs there coated and everything with custom rings he had sealpro handle they are forged and make wiesco diamond look stupid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back