what small chainsaw to carry on the ATV ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. None of the Homelite range sold in the US is available in Australia and New Zealand.
Here Homelite & Ryobi are exclusive to "Bunnings" (our Lowes equivalent) and Homelite's entire product "range" is 3 versions of the same Zenoah design, marketed like an entry-level, lower specification Ryobi.

Anyway, surely all you guys in Louisiana only ever use Shreveport's famous Poulan products, right?:D
Many years ago, way back my half brother older than me actually worked at Beird Poulan. I ran a very early model. All metal. Loud and really cut well. Had to constantly push the oil plunger and NO safety brake. That thing scared me. Later they made some really decent saws. The old 2150 a 37cc was a good saw. The one I had had a hand guard that resembled a brake but was just a static guard. Later I put a side plate with a brake on the saw. No AV. My hands tingled so it wasn't used long at a time. It's still running. I gave it to a guy that's helped me cut lots of trees. The first saw I ran with AV is the old Sthil 024. Sthil got it and it's not been used a whole lot. I once heard a rumour that Poulan may have outsourced and had some engines built by Homelight. Not sure. I bought a PP 380 way back and that saw was a fast powerful saw. We had a crew clearing trees off public roads after a huge storm. I showed up with the PP 380. Two guys were sawing huge limbs with Sthil 029s while other guys dragged them out of the Road way. When I started sawing there was so much cut wood stacking up the foreman told the two 029 operators to stop the saws and drag limbs. I was the only saw operator and I kept sawing fast enough to keep the entire crew busy. I blocked that big tree up quickly. Several guys had to look at my saw. Now Beird is long gone and Poulan is a disgraced prostitute. Only her children protect her honor. It's sad to see how far a once beautiful Queen has fallen. Once knees bowed in her presence now she hides her face from great Knights in armor built by Sthil, Husqvarna, and even her Step Brother Echo no longer nods in her presence.

Many years ago, way back my half brother older than me actually worked at Beird Poulan. I ran a very early model. All metal. Loud and really cut well. Had to constantly push the oil plunger and NO safety brake. That thing scared me. Later they made some really decent saws. The old 2150 a 37cc was a good saw. The one I had had a hand guard that resembled a brake but was just a static guard. Later I put a side plate with a brake on the saw. No AV. My hands tingled so it wasn't used long at a time. It's still running. I gave it to a guy that's helped me cut lots of trees. The first saw I ran with AV is the old Sthil 024. Sthil got it and it's not been used a whole lot. I once heard a rumour that Poulan may have outsourced and had some engines built by Homelight. Not sure. I bought a PP 380 way back and that saw was a fast powerful saw. We had a crew clearing trees off public roads after a huge storm. I showed up with the PP 380. Two guys were sawing huge limbs with Sthil 029s while other guys dragged them out of the Road way. When I started sawing there was so much cut wood stacking up the foreman told the two 029 operators to stop the saws and drag limbs. I was the only saw operator and I kept sawing fast enough to keep the entire crew busy. I blocked that big tree up quickly. Several guys had to look at my saw. Now Beird is long gone and Poulan is a disgraced prostitute. Only her children protect her honor. It's sad to see how far a once beautiful Queen has fallen. Once knees bowed in her presence now she hides her face from great Knights in armor built by Sthil, Husqvarna, and even her Step Brother Echo no longer nods in her presence.
You paint a very vivid picture - and I'm not sure I follow the Echo step-brother bit...unless you mean that Echo first copied Poulan before the copied Husqvarna & Stihl.

I was there for the Electrolux takeover. I have a few stories to tell when I get some time.

You paint a very vivid picture - and I'm not sure I follow the Echo step-brother bit...unless you mean that Echo first copied Poulan before the copied Husqvarna & Stihl.

I was there for the Electrolux takeover. I have a few stories to tell when I get some time.
At times I just naturally speak like that. It seems to be a good way to explain things. I've been a counselor for many years and have tons of stories which I use to make points. Words are tools and I do, at times sling a lot of paint. Be blessed.

Back