What software should i use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you import/export clients into single ops with xls or cvs spread if you ever want to change?

As for managing some online some on paper, that is a challenge. I have been emailing myself those who want paper. I'll then print/mail from the office. That makes it easy to remember as it is done on the job/from the truck. It also marks them as sent.

Can you import/export clients into single ops with xls or cvs spread if you ever want to change?
I was never part of that process, but from a cursory look it appears that you can import service items and client lists from quickbooks over to singleops. However, i am definitely unfamiliar with the inner workings of quickbooks, but i know we must have done that too bc there are clients listed in our account who haven't had any work done since implimenting the system. I do not see the option to import a xls or cvs document tho.
That makes it easy to remember as it is done on the job/from the truck. It also marks them as sent.
Yeah, its hard to stream line out the little steps in a paper only process like that. Our office manager who takes the initial call asks if we have worked for them before, and if not their email is always part of the information she inputs. So usually people who want paper copies of everything will have a comment already saved to their client profile indicating the need items printed.

One thing that is nice too is that you can send emails really quickly with a saved email template that auto populates all the details specific to the clients proposal. Tho sending emails to many clients in bulk does risk getting your domain flagged and sent to spam folders. It's usually with the yahoo, comcast, hotmail and personal domain name recipients. You can also set up automated emails for late unpaid invoices, or if they haven't opened your links. (which is also nice, being able to see if and when they have viewed your proposal or invoice is a little creepy but makes determining if the person who hasn't paid you yet just has their spam auto-deleted or if they need a good ol fashioned pink slip in the mail.

I was never part of that process, but from a cursory look it appears that you can import service items and client lists from quickbooks over to singleops. However, i am definitely unfamiliar with the inner workings of quickbooks, but i know we must have done that too bc there are clients listed in our account who haven't had any work done since implimenting the system. I do not see the option to import a xls or cvs document tho.

Yeah, its hard to stream line out the little steps in a paper only process like that. Our office manager who takes the initial call asks if we have worked for them before, and if not their email is always part of the information she inputs. So usually people who want paper copies of everything will have a comment already saved to their client profile indicating the need items printed.

One thing that is nice too is that you can send emails really quickly with a saved email template that auto populates all the details specific to the clients proposal. Tho sending emails to many clients in bulk does risk getting your domain flagged and sent to spam folders. It's usually with the yahoo, comcast, hotmail and personal domain name recipients. You can also set up automated emails for late unpaid invoices, or if they haven't opened your links. (which is also nice, being able to see if and when they have viewed your proposal or invoice is a little creepy but makes determining if the person who hasn't paid you yet just has their spam auto-deleted or if they need a good ol fashioned pink slip in the mail.
Update: We are currently looking for a new software to use. SingleOps price surged us recently without notifying us of the price increase, changed the includes services in the membership tier we were in, started charging us 6% on every credit payment instead of 3% and is also now won't sinc to our quickbooks. its been a nightmare. @MariHer75 I hope that you didn't end up dealing with that BS too

I wont go into specifics over here because I currently have a contract with them and I dont want to bring a lawsuit on myself for publicly sharing private information on how their software works and/or defamation. But some limitations of their calendars makes it incompatible with the way I manage my schedule and the tree inventory capacity does not suit the reasons we wanted a tree inventory module in the first place. And a few smaller issues, as is to be expected from any software.
I hear you with the poor integration problems. Implementing something new, that negatively disrupt a previously working system is counter productive.:(
Heya Rajin,
I was about ready to pull the trigger and dive into ArboStar, but I’m really curious what calendar issues and what inventory issues you were having, as i really am interested in the inventory part as well! Any insight would be much appreciated!

Back