What to buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keatonwk

Reaction score
I have some money to spend and want some suggestions. I’m looking at a new track nifty lift or box truck/chipper. Can’t buy them all this year. I can only purchase 1 or the other But trying figure out what’s best. Either the lift or the truck and chipper.
It’s myself and two helpers. I’m leaning towards the lift. I climb and I am sick of it and just want to be in a lift for everything. The lift is 2.7ft wide and is in tracks so it will go anywhere. Although the box truck and chipper would be very efficient. What are y’all suggestions?
thank you

Welcome to AS Keaton.
It sounds as though the lift will keep the job a pleasure for you, and to me that's important, when a job sucks I'm not as inclined to want to do it.
Do you have a dump trailer and lots of room to dump debris, is most of your work local, do you mostly do removals. If so, and your helpers are used to loading a trailer and dumping it frequently or you rent a chipper(or at least on big jobs). then the lift is what I would choose.

@pioneerguy600 , could you move this to the arborist section so he gets more responses.

Welcome to AS Keaton.
It sounds as though the lift will keep the job a pleasure for you, and to me that's important, when a job sucks I'm not as inclined to want to do it.
Do you have a dump trailer and lots of room to dump debris, is most of your work local, do you mostly do removals. If so, and your helpers are used to loading a trailer and dumping it frequently or you rent a chipper(or at least on big jobs). then the lift is what I would choose.

@pioneerguy600 , could you move this to the arborist section so he gets more responses.
Thanks for the response. Yes all work is local and our dump spots are close by. We never have to unload by hand we use the pull off method ( or whatever you want to call it) with a concrete block. I’m gonna eventually have it all but trying to decide what’s best for now

Thanks for the response. Yes all work is local and our dump spots are close by. We never have to unload by hand we use the pull off method ( or whatever you want to call it) with a concrete block. I’m gonna eventually have it all but trying to decide what’s best for now
If that's what the guys are used to, they don't mind, and you work local, it sounds like it makes sense to get the lift.
Do you have a dingo or a mini to haul debris, that sure makes it nice on the guys and helps load larger items higher.
When I had a roofing business we use a tire and a chain, then the loader at the dump would pull it out. A ratchet strap under the load works well for unloading and loading(smaller bundle of course). I use a ratchet strap around a good sized pile of branches and then carry it to the trailer with my tractor when the job allows, I also have an arborist trolley for fenced in back yards, but if I do things right I can lift a large load over a fence with the tractor.
I have the largest compact utility tractor kubota makes an L3800 with a skidding winch(great for falling) and a smaller b2920 that I may sell to get a mini as they are much more compact and quicker for tree work.

Latest posts

Back