What to charge for EAB 2 year treatment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arborjet rep said that 10ml/ 1" is the new high rate instead of 15ml/1".

So, is this because they're trying to downplay the old high rate being effective for 3 years (more?) or that it was no more effective at the higher rate? No way they want folks moving to a 3 year cycle.

Anybody used it to try stopping oak wasp galls like gouty? I bet it would work.

Arborjet rep said that 10ml/ 1" is the new high rate instead of 15ml/1".

So, is this because they're trying to downplay the old high rate being effective for 3 years (more?) or that it was no more effective at the higher rate? No way they want folks moving to a 3 year cycle.

Anybody used it to try stopping oak wasp galls like gouty? I bet it would work.
Probably work for gouty but I would try one of the neo nics or acephate first. As I'm sure you know, gouty is rarely serious and more of an aesthetic problem.
I just hate doing injections unless the disease or insect pest is fatal. Oaks that have been injected leave a lot of sooty mold around the injection sights.
If crypt gall wasp or black oak gall wasp were to make headway I would be open to the use of em Ben injections as they will kill a tree.

Yeah shoulda written damaging cynipid wasp galls instead of gouty but I'm lazy.

Most times no biggie but we have some big pins and shingles that get riddled here. Way to big for spraying and the lifecycle can be a bugger to go after the mobile stage.

Pruning them out isnt a very feasible option when they're big trees and galls are everywhere. Its a bugger.

More unsettling news. Heard back our quote of 10.00 per inch for a 28" and 32" tree was double of what "Bartlett" quoted.

I spoke with Rainbow rep at Ohio tree care conference last week. She said they have found that 5ml of G4 is good for most trees. I find that to be good news because I can lower the cost to my clients without sacrificing profit.

More unsettling news. Heard back our quote of 10.00 per inch for a 28" and 32" tree was double of what "Bartlett" quoted.
Acording to my rate chart, I would be using 217 ml on a 28" tree. At .48 cents per ml that's $104 in product cost for that tree. If you quoted $280, half of that would be $140. I find it hard to believe even the big B would inject a tree at a $36 profit.
You gave them good prices. Stick with them.

Acording to my rate chart, I would be using 217 ml on a 28" tree. At .48 cents per ml that's $104 in product cost for that tree. If you quoted $280, half of that would be $140. I find it hard to believe even the big B would inject a tree at a $36 profit.
Thanks, We're still using the 5m/1" rate over here. It hasn't blown up here yet, but might have to bump up the rate when it does. I told the estimator we could knock 100 off the total but wouldn't be comfortable going lower. We did land the approval to do trimming and apple scab spraying so maybe they'll go with us to have one company doing all.

And we dont know what rate Big Yellow is using. Your pricing is all good.

Back