What to do in thsi situation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a bar, doesn't look like a wedge of any sort....
JS5AkiR.jpg

Heres what I see with a bit of closer looking-
A small narrow face cut was made on the part of the tree that is not visible, trying to get the tree to fall to the left, away from the camera position. A deep back cut was made and the tree started to go over slowly, the face cut closed up, stopped the fall and the tree split somewhere along the line but didn't fall all the way. An attempt was made to re-establish a face cut so the tree would fall but that of course resulted in the bar being pinched. The small wedge on the stump, who knows, maybe just tossed there out of the way?
Im thinking about the same except that piece that some think is a wedge I think is a part of the rotten core sitting there still after tree fell imo

Yeah someone pointed out the bar earlier here or I'd have never seen it. The "wedge" still means nothing to me, as it just looks like a chunk of wood that's nothing we expect to see just lying there.

"I'll take untrained tree-cutting for $300, Alex."

Yeah someone pointed out the bar earlier here or I'd have never seen it. The "wedge" still means nothing to me, as it just looks like a chunk of wood that's nothing we expect to see just lying there.
That's quite possible. We may never know, given that the OP has yet to respond to his single post on this site.
"I'll take untrained tree-cutting for $300, Alex."
That's for sure.

Back