What to do???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
I have a non payer on ebay...its been almost a month now, and he still hasnt sent payment...I try sending him emails...no response...He recieved the item and acknowledged the fast shipping...(sons bday present)...I shipped the item before receiving payment which is my fault I guess...but man...for 30bucks? I dont want to post bad feedback...I am hoping his email is down or something...and the payment was lost in the mail...

i do believe that bad feedback is in order.....or a pound of flesh:D

You can go to the 'rules and safety' box on your ebay heading, it will lead you to ebay policies and what to do about a nonpaying customer. Then you will be able to get his home phone # and reach him there to resolve the "oversight". Hope that works for you.
Mark

Dennis,
I would think a mouth is more than enough time to send payment........ I believe you can contact e-bay in this matter ..........I would try sending him something in the mail (assuming you still have address) then I would contact e-bay

Dennis,
I would think a mouth is more than enough time to send payment........ I believe you can contact e-bay in this matter ..........I would try sending him something in the mail (assuming you still have address) then I would contact e-bay

So tell him to send another one! I have so many people who owe me, in some cases, thousands, that it really pisses me off when I hear of petty sh!t like this going down. How much is one's integrity worth? Thirty lousy bucks? It's not the money, it's the principle. When was the last time any of you had something "lost in the mail"? The chances of that happening are rare. When I send someone a check or arrange a funds transfer, I call them to make sure they got it. The old, "I won't %$^ in your mouth" nonsence just doesn't cut it. You've done this issue just diligence. He resends the check or you f*@k 'im good.

Now I feel better.:D

I sell plants (daylilies) on an auction. If the buyer has good feedback, I have sent the product before getting the check. I have QUIT doing this. (really, I just hope I remember) It really hasn't been that anyone has been dishonest, but some are about as organized as I am and the check may sit in a pile by their front door while I'm watching the mailbox for it. In the past season I've had to email half a dozen people concerning their payments....they were always very apologetic and I was always paid....BUT....the hassle was definitely not worth it....ESPECIALLY for a $20-30 auction. No one expects to have the product sent before paying....I don't know why we think we SHOULD be so accommodating.

I still don't wait for checks to clear. If I have to be a banker, I don't want to do this.

If you feel like it's an honest mistake and they've explained it away, I would probably leave NO feedback (but I'm a wimp.) If you feel you've been jerked around intentionally, leave rotten feedback.

Goodluck,
Che

they are claiming mistake...he thought she sent the cheque...she thought he did.....I guess i have no reason to not beleive them....I sent the saw before I got payment because it was a Bday present for their son...they have a good feedback rating....I guess one will have to go your way Che...just not send the product till its paid for...could have been a 1000.00 dollar chainsaw...

Hey Den,

I think I might be sending my 385 up your way for a little work soon,how backed up are you??

Later Rob..

Sounds like the typical BS from a non payer. I'd give another week to see if they really sent it this time and then feedback bomb 'em. I don't think you are going to find eBay is going to give you any help in the matter other than filing the Non Paying Bidder Alert and recouping your Final Value Fee. It's amazing the stories people will tell you. They must assume we are blind and stupid. "I mailed the money order two weeks ago" and then when it arrives it is dated 2 days ago. Good Luck.

BTW, send me a hopped up 372xp, the check is on the way.:D

Hey Dennis, I wouldnt sweat it. Its not worth the energy to fight it. There might be a tangible reason for the screw up. Just give the benifit of the doubt. As you know most people are really good to do business with, and well, the others just make us that much better to do business with the good people. Trust is the key. Hell, when we made that deal, we made lots of em'. As long as we all give more than we take, we will always be in " The Pink".
Pal,
John

I hope it works out for you Dennis. If not , like Doug says, for GP, hire Rotax and Gyp to go get the cash. A case of beer or so ought to do it, eh? There couldn't be two scarier bounty hunters than that pair w/them saws.

Geezz,

What a scarry thought having those 2 show up at your door step. :(

Chain massacre all over again.

Have Gypo show up in his chaps-and-a-smile outfit. That'll scare most people more than he and Roberts holding the Predator.

yep that would scare em alright enough to have a heart attack:eek:

I never send an item with out payment not that I don't trust anybody. Send someone somthing without pay and then their apt to forget to pay for one reason or the other.

Back