• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

What tree is this

arathol

arathol

ArboristSite Operative
Looks more like American Chestnut. The leaves are longer and less oval shaped than the Chinese chestnut.

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
Couple of hints.
It's kinda rare anymore.
It's a great deer attractant

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Chinese Chestnut. Those flowers smell like a combination of rotten grass and puke. They are in bloom now and I can smell them a mile away. One of the worst smells in the natural world in my opinion.

buzz sawyer

buzz sawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Western border of mid-southern northern WV
Chinese Chestnut. Those flowers smell like a combination of rotten grass and puke. They are in bloom now and I can smell them a mile away. One of the worst smells in the natural world in my opinion.
Yep, not pleasant but not too bad after they mature and fall off the tree. I got some very curly American Chestnut from a tree that was growing almost sideways. 24" dbh. Lots of stress but smaller, shorted pieces might nice.