What type of chain comes on a new 372XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always get 72LP 050” ga. chisel 3/8”.

All these many decades I never used semi chisel. It was called chipper back then. It’s a tad slower but less forgiving in dirty wood. Unless your tilling the soil? Lol I’m running one saw with it and it’s a tad slower but not that much if it’s kept sharp.

I always get 72LP 050” ga. chisel 3/8”.

All these many decades I never used semi chisel. It was called chipper back then. It’s a tad slower but less forgiving in dirty wood. Unless your tilling the soil? Lol I’m running one saw with it and it’s a tad slower but not that much if it’s kept sharp.

Chipper and semi-chisel isn't exactly the same;

On true chipper chain the top of the cutter is rounded all the way (seen from the front) - while on semi-chisel only the "corner" is rounded, and there is a flat on the top of the cutter (although narrower than on true chisel).

Chipper and semi-chisel isn't exactly the same;

On true chipper chain the top of the cutter is rounded all the way (seen from the front) - while on semi-chisel only the "corner" is rounded, and there is a flat on the top of the cutter (although narrower than on true chisel).
That is correct
But the local guy's here call everything chipper
Chain.
As bad as they sharpen them i don't even bother correcting them.

Back