What would you bid this at?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doogiegh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
4 trees. Drop them on site, no need to remove any part of the tree, just leave the stump cut 3' above ground. Homeowner has an excavator and will take care of dragging the tree to the far back and will get rid of the branches and will process any good wood for firewood on their own time and dime.

Pics are of 1 tree to be removed, 2nd pic has 2 trees pic'd and the last pic has another tree to be removed, and in the distance you can see the tree in the 1st pic. So it's 4 trees total.

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • tree1a.JPG
    tree1a.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 118
  • tree2.JPG
    tree2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 109
Is $3800 crazy high or seriously, about right, to climb and drop 4 trees for a days work? Figure if we were to drop them AND remove them all in the chipper, it would be a $10,000 job or $2500 a tree.

Some better pics.

Attachments

• 20200906_093917.jpg
    20200906_093917.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • 20200906_093900.jpg
    20200906_093900.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20200906_093907.jpg
    20200906_093907.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20200906_093928.jpg
    20200906_093928.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46
I got a quote for $3800. Is that crazy high or seriously, about right, to climb and drop 4 trees for a days work? Guy said that if he was to drop them AND remove them all in his chipper, it would be a $10,000 job or $2500 a tree.
I though you were bidding the job lol. I guess it depends on your area but around here in MD the tree companies charge 2-2.5k a day for normal jobs. My buddy did a 10k job on one huge maple recently. The whole thing had to be roped and/or craned out over the house. He couldn’t put the trunk down until it was 8’ tall. That was a 2 day, 4 man job.

I though you were bidding the job lol. I guess it depends on your area but around here in MD the tree companies charge 2-2.5k a day for normal jobs. My buddy did a 10k job on one huge maple recently. The whole thing had to be roped and/or craned out over the house. He couldn’t put the trunk down until it was 8’ tall. That was a 2 day, 4 man job.

So since this job is a drop and run with no crane, I would think a guy cutting and a guy working the ropes for the tough sections would be about all it takes.

Is $3800 crazy high or seriously, about right, to climb and drop 4 trees for a days work? Figure if we were to drop them AND remove them all in the chipper, it would be a $10,000 job or $2500 a tree.
Yes high! Wait about a month or two untill the prices come down they been going up stupid high because the wind storm work . Should be between 1500.00 - 3000.00 a day depending on how many man crew and what equipment. What part of NJ?

So since this job is a drop and run with no crane, I would think a guy cutting and a guy working the ropes for the tough sections would be about all it takes.
I’ll also say around here most of the time it’s a 3 man crew. If they bring in 2 crews for a bigger job to finish in one day, You’ll pay accordingly. The first and last are big trees, It really depends on the drop zone and technicality. Get 3 quotes from licensed tree companies and you’ll have a better idea if it’s high or not for your area. I’ve paid as much as $1500 for a single red oak. I’ve also had 8 taken down And bucked in one day for $1400 with all the branches chipped and removed.

Yes high! Wait about amonth or two till the prices come down they been going up stupid high because the windstorm work . Should be between 1500.00 - 3000.00 a day depending on how many man crew and what equipment. What part of NJ?
Central NJ - by Flemington/Branchburg/Hillsborough area.

Like I said wait a bit till it slows down then get a day rate.

A few years ago I got several quotes for a good size white oak in my driveway. A company I used a few time came out and was $200 cheaper than anyone else. Then he took another $100 off if I let him do it the next day because they had no work. So for sure when everyone is busy, The price goes up.

Any reason to contract it out vs cutting them yourself?

Is your excavator large enough to push the trees down?

So here’s where I get P.O. with urban loggers. The ridiculous prices charged and of course stupid homeowners pay it. Those trees are a simple flop job, no need for 3 men, rigging and climbing or a frickin bucket truck and crane. $300 and they’d all be on the ground if it were me.

Latest posts

Back