What would you bid this at?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
long bull rope/rigging rope tied high, excavator to pull, on the ground, piled onto each other.

I don't see the problem.

+1
First post mentioned 3 ft stump, what is OP to do to get that out, spend 2 hours digging around it. Easier to pull stump out with leverage.
49 years ago when starting out, just had an old D2 to clear the road to where I was going to build my house.
Backed the D2 up to tree (biggest was about D Fir 32" DBH)ladder on top of FOPs, choker around trunk about 25 ft up, pull'er over. Did have to use a block on a couple of the big 32" guys. Took out a lot of trees like that, then could trim and roll root ball into burn pile back then.

$1500 - $3000 a day is on point for 3 man crews. Even if they need climbed, I don't see where its more than a half day. But then I never bid off photos because of how deceptive they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with a few of the others, a good feller man and that excavator shoving and they would be on the ground in a hr tops

In your first post you said the trees would be dropped, meaning felled whole. A couple of posts later you said that the person would be piecing out the trees. Which one is it? Felling 4 trees is much different that piecing out and roping/lowering the pieces.

Is lawn damage ok? Do you have any underground hazards around the trees that could be damaged?

4 trees. Drop them on site, no need to remove any part of the tree, just leave the stump cut 3' above ground. Homeowner has an excavator and will take care of dragging the tree to the far back and will get rid of the branches and will process any good wood for firewood on their own time and dime.

Pics are of 1 tree to be removed, 2nd pic has 2 trees pic'd and the last pic has another tree to be removed, and in the distance you can see the tree in the 1st pic. So it's 4 trees total.

Why word your first post as if your bidding the job, saying the homeowner has an excavator and will take care of dragging the tree, then we find out you're the homeowner? Anything said here is going to be thrown in the cutters face. "A guy said he'd do it for a case of beer!" "Another said its a $200 job tops!"

Pretty sneaky, I don't like that. The pic with the red arrows shows at least two of the trees close to a deck, a pool, two sheds, most likely the house. I never see legit tree companies push and pray. Too much liability if something goes wrong. Around here they always have a bucket truck, and half the time a crane. Yeah, $200-$300

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm with 'Tree Freak' If I had that machine I wouldn't pay someone to come in a cut those trees. Not trying to cut some poor starving tree man out of his next meal, but Hey.....You gotta eat too! Let me say this though providing you are a fairly good operator, you use your head and be careful I don't see a problem. Just do a little digging around the root system and shove them over which ever way you want them to go. Getting them out of the hole will be the biggest problem depending on how big the root ball is but it will still be easier than digging the stump after cutting it off. You would not believe how many huge trees I have pulled over with my ol' pickup truck. It just takes a little time and effort. A long strap high up in the tree then let the weight of the truck do the work. But with what you have no problem, the raw power of hydraulics is hard to believe sometimes.

Latest posts

Back