ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

What you all having for Dinner

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
almost any way is good. just not boiled! lol :nofunny:

Like almost anything else green, my wife hates okra. I've never had it fried plain, but maybe I'll give that a try. It looks pretty tasty sidling up next to your steak 'n onions.

I like it boiled too; particularly in a soup with other veggies and some meat. Jambalaya! :sweet:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Like almost anything else green, my wife hates okra. I've never had it fried plain, but maybe I'll give that a try. It looks pretty tasty sidling up next to your steak 'n onions. I like it boiled too; particularly in a soup with other veggies and some meat. Jambalaya! :sweet:

I just use olive oil. pan to med. add. heat the oil. then add okra, ensure dry so don't spit. few mins each side to get the okra to just start to fry. brown a bit. roll over. other side. plate S&P butter. tasty! I don't do it battered cause every time in past when tried such, din't care for it. just my palette I guess. :)

garden fresh is always best!

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
Yesterday Pepperoni simmered in tomato sauce, with fresh green beans homemade garlic bread. Don’t over cook the green beans,

Tonight 5 oz Kansas City steak burgers, on white toast, bacon, beefsteak tomato, mayo. Just 1.

The beefsteak and super beefsteak tomatoes are ripening. Tomato with mayo on fresh pumpernickel bread. Yummy.

Maybe stuffed cabbage soon, I love
stuffed cabbage.

What's your recipe? I like cabbage pretty well, and that is before I put anything inside.

* ! * I make a bacon & sausage/cabbage/onion pan-simmer recipe with pepper & red wine vinegar that is absolutely wonderful, providing that you like german-style food. I haven't made any for a while... I could post pics when I do.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
What's your recipe? I like cabbage pretty well, and that is before I put anything inside.

* ! * I make a bacon & sausage/cabbage/onion pan-simmer recipe with pepper & red wine vinegar that is absolutely wonderful, providing that you like german-style food. I haven't made any for a while... I could post pics when I do.

me, too! it was national potato day other day and I remembered I had a head of cabbage in refer. so I did some spuds, cabbage and carrots last nite. almost to a boil then 45 mins or so on low. some salt for seasoning... quite tasty!
P4080003.JPG
then quartered cabbage, cut spuds n carrots...
P4080001.JPG
P4080002.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"

swell pix! :cold: crisp and frosty to say the least! 45f out this morning! can't even imagine cutting wood at 50f! lol ;) snow seems to be all over. even the Texas panhandle had its share other day. news posted up some snow pix up in Amarillo - you might get to do some ice fishing soon.

well, cutting wood will warm you. twice. cutting n burning -

some I cut up yesterday. from a midnite scrounge... total about 1/2 cord. couple houses down. fireplace sized ready! :cool:

stay warm ~ thx for the 'postcard-like' pix... brrr. (hate to tell him I have my flannel slippers on... and have to prewarm my coffee cup in the micro... :rolleyes:)
P4090004.JPG
P3250002.JPG
worked outside all day yesterday. 50's n windy! had a nice camp fire going all afternoon.
P4090011.JPG

Reactions: svk