What You Should Do If You Get Hurt in the Woods When Alone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is "he"... me?

I have no idea about ratting anyone, I'm not aware of any illegal activities to rat on even.

I'd guess of all the folks on here I'm in the small percentage that works in the woods for a living.

So true, if you're any godamn good you're working for yourself. The logging industry was built off the back of stupid wannabe loggers. If the shoe fits wear it. I've worn it more than once. Lol
If the tree your falling is worth more than your day wage your just getting used up. North America was settled by stupid loggers. So called loggers always let their ego get in the way, plus you can't find a bigger bunch of self deluded bull hitters. Lol
Also, real loggers don't make a career about ratting others out, but I understand why he does this, he's just trying to detract from the fact he never made it beyond packin a fallers wedges. Lol

politically correct,, and don't tell me,, that you are anything like the leftists on here., who are not much at all different than communists,, cause I know better.......your conservative, to the center of your core...and live like it also...........

Well, I read the very first post in this thread, and thought it was great, so much so that I've saved it. Now I go to the last bunch of posts and see that the original topic has been derailed into the usual flame war I can't figure out. Don't have to the time or interest to backtrack to where it came off the rails. But I see the OP is in Alaska, probably out of reach of a cell phone tower. Now I do a lot of solitary logging, but I've never given much thought as to "what if". I use PPE, but that's no guarantee that no blood letting will ever occur. But I do plan on taking my cell phone with me from now on when I'm out cutting by myself. I think that's a real important part of my PPE. I don't ordinarily wear cell phones on my body, mostly only use them for when I'm driving somewhere. I don't like being bothered by calls when I'm doing something, and besides, I've torn up phones in the past wearing them while working.

Well, I read the very first post in this thread, and thought it was great, so much so that I've saved it. Now I go to the last bunch of posts and see that the original topic has been derailed into the usual flame war I can't figure out. Don't have to the time or interest to backtrack to where it came off the rails. But I see the OP is in Alaska, probably out of reach of a cell phone tower. Now I do a lot of solitary logging, but I've never given much thought as to "what if". I use PPE, but that's no guarantee that no blood letting will ever occur. But I do plan on taking my cell phone with me from now on when I'm out cutting by myself. I think that's a real important part of my PPE. I don't ordinarily wear cell phones on my body, mostly only use them for when I'm driving somewhere. I don't like being bothered by calls when I'm doing something, and besides, I've torn up phones in the past wearing them while working.
there are newer phones, that have nearly break proof screens,,that you can get a HARD plastic case for them,,and that ,makes the two nearly bomb proof........

there are newer phones, that have nearly break proof screens,,that you can get a HARD plastic case for them,,and that ,makes the two nearly bomb proof........

Those do no good if you can't get reception. In my area (don't move here) once you are out of the main valley, places with cell phone reception are non-existent. There are a few spots, that if the moon is full, the month ends with an R, the stars are aligned, and the cows facing north, you might get one bar. But those spots are hard to find. I guess you could use that plastic case to keep a farewell note dry for a while. If your cell phone is shiny, you might signal an airplane. That's about all.

Those do no good if you can't get reception. In my area (don't move here) once you are out of the main valley, places with cell phone reception are non-existent. There are a few spots, that if the moon is full, the month ends with an R, the stars are aligned, and the cows facing north, you might get one bar. But those spots are hard to find. I guess you could use that plastic case to keep a farewell note dry for a while. If your cell phone is shiny, you might signal an airplane. That's about all.
reread chuckwoods post 213 again,,and again,,and again..esp the last two sentences,,which is what I responded to..............

reread chuckwoods post 213 again,,and again,,and again..esp the last two sentences,,which is what I responded to..............

Why? Would a case make reception happen where there is no reception? Should we carry the extra weight of a cell phone inside a pretty case where we can't use it? It makes no sense.

Why? Would a case make reception happen where there is no reception? Should we carry the extra weight of a cell phone inside a pretty case where we can't use it? It makes no sense.
are you that dense??? he said,,he breaks phones!! that's what I responded to...and do tell, since you DONT own one,,what a hard plastic case weighs?? do tell...

If you had ever worked in the PNW woods day after day, you would realize that every little piece of gear adds up and takes either space or adds weight to what you already have to carry.

Backpackers around here talk of sawing off toothbrush handles to save weight. It all adds up.

We have nasty hills to walk up and down and up and down. It is not Iowa here (thank the Scandihoovian Candle.) Now, where is that moderator? He's calling me names...whaaaaah.....:crazy2:

A picture of gentler ground. No cell phone reception near here either.

joe axman.jpg

Latest posts

Back