Whats a makita chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Definately should list it on the chainsaw sale site . Excellent saw and a heavy hitter in the 70 + cc class . I would be interested if I had not already purchased a 576 xp a few yrs back !

I remember this model was quite a bit more desirable than the 7910 due to the non cat muffler.

Yeah , I usually leave the shutter in the summer position unless it,s really cold . I only had it begin to ice up once and it was a overnight change from humid to frosty when it occured . Run a tank through it , then check the saw tuning in the cut to ensure optimal safe performance .

I cut a lot in the winter but in sweatshirt weather so I should be fine. Yea I've tuned a few saws. I always thought about buying a tach and doing it by rpm but I've done ok so far. I like to leave them a little rich for saftey. Its definatly a real quality saw for a small cc saw. Stihl cheaps out on the homeowner saws so does husky.

I cut a lot in the winter but in sweatshirt weather so I should be fine. Yea I've tuned a few saws. I always thought about buying a tach and doing it by rpm but I've done ok so far. I like to leave them a little rich for saftey. Its definatly a real quality saw for a small cc saw. Stihl cheaps out on the homeowner saws so does husky.
Yeah Dolkita across the board are a Professional Grade saw . I have a tach , use it primarily on saws with rev limiters that make it a little less clear when they are 4 cycling or in the limiter . Sounds like you have sufficient working knowledge of saws to see this through Bud !

Yeah Dolkita across the board are a Professional Grade saw . I have a tach , use it primarily on saws with rev limiters that make it a little less clear when they are 4 cycling or in the limiter . Sounds like you have sufficient working knowledge of saws to see this through Bud !

Yea my dad was an auto mechanic and I grew up and live in the country. I've been doing HVAC for 10 years. Chainsaws dont scare me lol. The dolmar saws always interested me. The other "German saw". I could say dolmar to 10 people and then I could say stihl and they would only know 1 on them.

So I have acquired a makita/dolmar dcs 401. Finally got screwed by Ebay. My dumb a$$ likes to look at chainsaws and lowball people on ebay. I knew some day I'd get what was coming to me. I have read a bit about the saw and I dont think I made a bad decision since I was looking at poulan pro 5020s. Also didn't need another saw. Say German chainsaw and everyone says stihl. Well now I have a dolmar. Any opinions? I mean I made an offer because it was a dolmar and it seems the Ebay chainsaw market is low right now. It was less than a refurbished poulan 5020...I need to log out and forget the password. Good thing Trump is sending me money.
Dolmar(Makita) are a good saw; I have an old 116si (60cc) and it's a terrific workhorse. Unfortunately the chain brake steel band broke many years ago and I haven't been able to obtain a replacement. Makita told me they haven't stocked parts for this saw for many years. Thus I have to be very careful with the bar nose. It's a heavy old blighter though. At 68 years of age I now prefer to use an "El Cheapo" battery chainsaw with a 12" bar. I won't/don't attempt to lift large logs since spinal fusion surgery a couple of years ago.

Back