what's a stihl ms192t worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Still looking at used saws and have seen a couple of them come up. What are they worth? Do they run good or have fatal flaws???

Still looking at used saws and have seen a couple of them come up. What are they worth? Do they run good or have fatal flaws???

IF I were you I would buy a New one for $299.95
and buy a 6-pack of Stihl ultra syn oil to double the 1 year warranty to 2 years.

Run the ####ins out of it...and if a problem...use the warranty.
This model...in decent used shape..sells for at least $200 on Ebay.
The biggest problem with all small saws is carburetor problems.
That is why I recommend you buy new if possible.
I have no problem with mine...I love it for small branches and limbs and pruning...
which it what it is designed for...NOTHING MORE!!!
I know of NO fatal flaws...just aggravating carb problems
You're always taking a chance buying used...seller is selling for a reason.
:cheers:
J2F

limber is all i need out of it. Found a CL 192t for $125... Just didn't know if that would be a good buy or not... I really just want a good running limber but can't seem to find anything to fit my budget.... And i really didn't want to run this 192t into the shop every year for $30-$50... Just kinda curious if anyone liked this small stihl...

If you are climbing with it it is ok...if not, I would get a 180...us, my next climbing saw will be a 200...192 is underpowered...

I have used 192's for years, they can serve their purpose. But, if I was buying used, would only buy in a mint condition and if I checked it out in person first. They are not the most durable when compared to a saw like the 200T.

MS 192T vs MS 200T

Whats the main differences between the MS 192T (homeowner) and MS 200T (professional). Can someone break this comparison down for me? I'm looking to buy one of these saws for homeowner and ATV purposes. The 200T is more powerful so it more attractive to me but alot more expensive.

Obviously the 200T is better build etc... but in what specific ways is it a superior saw?

Cheers

Well I own both and here's my opinion: 192t mostly plastic not super tough, definitely under powered but with a little muff mod will wake up a little. Has the easy start system which makes it easy to start in the trees. When stuck into bigger wood seems like it takes all day to cut through. Seems best running a narrow Kerf chain on it. Also really wont handle a 16inch bar well. Used for a nice one I wouldn't pay more than 150.
Ms200t: well built not plastic, has power stock and even more with a muff mod.doesn't have the easy start yet has elasto start and still easy to start in a tree. You can bury the bar even a 16inch if need be and you will be smiling. Can run a nice chain with no problems, this saw is just a little power house period. Although expensive and I've heard of some having Carb problems its the way to go. I would save my money and buy a ms200t. I've also had both huskys and just sold my 338xpt. 200t all the way!

limber is all i need out of it. Found a CL 192t for $125... Just didn't know if that would be a good buy or not... I really just want a good running limber but can't seem to find anything to fit my budget.... And i really didn't want to run this 192t into the shop every year for $30-$50... Just kinda curious if anyone liked this small stihl...

I would say $30-50 for a Stihl Dealer working on a 192T is way low. Could easily have $300 invested in a used 192T with one trip to a Dealer, and there goes your perceived savings. Buy a new one with warranty.

Latest posts

Back