What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really a bark as such like with a rub, it’s the smoke on the fat cap which I remove. I prefer just smoked meat and have shied away from rubs. My trial and error process is pretty lengthy in years and I have found that my 165 reading on the smoker is warmer than it reads. I found low and slow works the best for me and doesn’t dry out the brisket. BBQ is always a favorite subject to debate with people because everyone has their own opinions and feelings about what is best. Everybody had different tastes. Which is good or we would all be exactly the same and have nothing to talk about. I always love to talk BBQ with people because everyone has such passion about it and also great ideas. I hope you are have a great Independence Day with family and friends and eating great BBQ!

I am sure little left over! lol any pix of the brisket once cut?...

. Haha yeah mate come round for sure! Im only a few days away from you. They are good shanks pretty big too like a small leg! Just bring some texan beer thats something ive never tried

lamb is just about my fav meat! no joke!!~ bit like a tenderloin and beef, but bit dif. well, the chops anyways. I like a stronger flavor lamb, bit light up here for my tastes. but then again, the chops I get are really excellent... I can get some pretty good shanks, too.

ok, how about some lone star beer from the lone star state? ;)
Image result for image lone star beer

lamb is just about my fav meat! no joke!!~ bit like a tenderloin and beef, but bit dif. well, the chops anyways. I like a stronger flavor lamb, bit light up here for my tastes. but then again, the chops I get are really excellent... I can get some pretty good shanks, too.

Yeah i agree mate. Fair bit of salt n pepper with rosemary and garlic is the go i think.. il try find that beer if i do il let you know cheers mate

We get Lamb chops from New Zealand, they taste/chew better than any I've had from the US.
Have you ever grilled them w mint jelly? It's easy and very good. Just salt and pepper the chops , smear the jelly on the cut sides and hold in the fridge a few hours.Grill them on a hot grill bout 5 mins, turn once and brush a little more jelly on the seared size and grill till med. rare. You must use jelly that has mint leaves in it or chop and add mint to the jelly.They are outstanding w a good red wine, we like a Malbec.

Ya'll ever used one of these?20200801_174649.jpg
I did some pork tenderloins last night after mainading them in the marinator for 30 mins. I stabbed each one about 30 times w a flat shish kabob skewer,put them in the marinador w lawry's teriaki marinade and put the vacum on it.Smoked indirect on the weber bout 30mins. Turning them twice. Then on the coals about 5 mins.turning them twice.Rested 10 mins. and they were very tender and very juicy, look at the juice in the plate.
20200802_213959.jpg

Delicious!

We get Lamb chops from New Zealand, they taste/chew better than any I've had from the US.
Have you ever grilled them w mint jelly? It's easy and very good. Just salt and pepper the chops , smear the jelly on the cut sides and hold in the fridge a few hours.Grill them on a hot grill bout 5 mins, turn once and brush a little more jelly on the seared size and grill till med. rare. You must use jelly that has mint leaves in it or chop and add mint to the jelly.They are outstanding w a good red wine, we like a Malbec.

no, but no doubt... lamb and mint jelly go together well! :)

Ya'll ever used one of these?View attachment 846308
I did some pork tenderloins last night after mainading them in the marinator for 30 mins. I stabbed each one about 30 times w a flat shish kabob skewer,put them in the marinador w lawry's teriaki marinade and put the vacum on it.Smoked indirect on the weber bout 30mins. Turning them twice. Then on the coals about 5 mins.turning them twice.Rested 10 mins. and they were very tender and very juicy, look at the juice in the plate.
View attachment 846310
Delicious!
looks good - grill marks tell all! ;)

Found Boston butts on sale for 99cents lbs. Bought 33lbs worth, 4 butts total. Far cry from the $3.89 lb I paid back in June. Thinking about grinding 3 butts into sausage and smoking the last one. I bought 3lbs of pork fat to go with the sausage, should end up with around 25 lbs of sausage. Rib eyes supposed to be $4lb tomorrow, I plan on hitting the store early and stocking up on few of them too. Wife wants to restock on hamburger. Just have to see what the price is when we get there.

Back