What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do admite you, there... svk! if I had to do that... and I should... I would bleed a thousand deaths!!! lol

shrimp in poblanos... will be look'g fwd to pix... :)
Every garage and shed i own is piled with stuff. Mostly good stuff too but I just can't find it when I need it. This summer I will be getting through a bunch of it come heck or high water.

Several Mexican restaurants here have shrimp-stuffed poblanos as appetizers...good eats with the cheese sauce and seasonings they add!! Peppers are usually big enough to cram 10-15 medium shrimp in. About three or four of'em and you're hunting a gallon of Tums to eat.

>About three or four of'em and you're hunting a gallon of Tums to eat.

won't ask you how u know that!!! ;)

but if they r great menu items up there... we got one better down here...

we got a Mexican restaurant called: Poblano's...

how hot (spicy) are they? not, mild, hot? should I add jalepeno's to my Poblanos with cheese and shrimp?....

Have to give those a try. Don't believe I've heard of them either.

hot and in oil? omg... sounds like a mouthful akin to can't recover too easily from that... don't cut jalapenos and touch with hands... and wipe eye or worse...

well, u know... OH YOU SEE EHH! :omg:

besides, says so rite here in this book :reading:

Now that I see the Italian long hot in pics, I've had them many times...just didn't know to associate that name with'em. They're a good, mild to less hot pepper...and roasted on the grill, or in a skillet with a little olive oil is the way to go.

Now that I see the Italian long hot in pics, I've had them many times...just didn't know to associate that name with'em. They're a good, mild to less hot pepper...and roasted on the grill, or in a skillet with a little olive oil is the way to go.
I wonder how those would be, partially filled with sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack, brushed with oil and cooked on a hot grill for a couple of minutes.

but u r in N MI... and u haven't been to some of the Mexican grocery stores like we got down here.... ooooh -boy! they got some in at Fiesta rite now... in a big bin... and u can smell hot just walking by! ooooh - boy!!

and how!
that would be mN....

The longhots I had were in upstate NY which is chock full of Italians.

Ironically the Italians in MN cook totally different than out east, due to different areas in Italy from where the came from.

image.jpeg
Pork and beans Weber style. Nothing fancy, just pork & beans with brown sugar, spot of mustard, and some tobasco with a splash of beer. Couple Jalapeño brats and some pork. Pork, beans and beer. How far wrong can you go?

View attachment 504281 Pork and beans Weber style. Nothing fancy, just pork & beans with brown sugar, spot of mustard, and some tobasco with a splash of beer. Couple Jalapeño brats and some pork. Pork, beans and beer. How far wrong can you go?
Looking good...can't go wrong with those selections.

Fresh off of the smoker.
Two slabs of baby back ribs went for 3hrs at 225 degrees. The chickens went 4 1/2 hrs.
image.jpg

Not quite sure what's up with the site. Tried to post up my two beer can chickens...got nothing. Last thing I wanna do is hafta bother brother Todo...no sense in waking him up... Seems like the sites been a little tits up lately. It wouldn't get me nothing more than a screen shot, asking what's the problem. Lol. I'd just rather wait the week storm out while they figure out their reoccurring, constant, problematic BS.

I guess too damn busy spending all them dimes and nickels to pay attention to the site...go figure. Hell, I guess I'd be the same when it's all said and done...all the somebody else's making my mortgage, car payments, putting my kids through school...and ain't gotta break a damn bead of sweat...hell, I'd luv it too!!! Juss sayin' fellas.

No pics but did roasted poblanos with shrimp, red pepper, and cheddar and feta cheese. Then grilled Hawaiian marinated chicken, marinated steak, pineapple rings, and mushrooms. It was all good but the grilled pineapple was awsome.
Sounds great, not that it needs it really but try coating the pineapple in brown sugar before grilling it, then serve it with a scoop of home made vanilla ice cream (any ice cream will do in a pinch but French vanilla is a favorite around here).

Latest posts

Back