What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2584d44b50b9a91c00971fd08be16fde.jpg

Just grilling up some boneless skinless chicken breast over mesquite charcoal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First time making Canadian Bacon and it was a big hit for breakfast this morning. I used buckboard bacon cure and pork tenderloins for this. Cured for 4 days and smoked for 5 hrs with applewood. Refrigerated over night and sliced just before heating.
041f1829d793905acf2f64800d6fde27.jpg
1a655029a11843350bcb9dbdefe4f043.jpg

how long for the smoke taste,,to punch thru that block of cheese?????

2 hours for cheddar
2.5 hours for the spicy cheese
I started out at at 4 hours but after it sets for a week in a vacuum seal bag (like wine )
It gets stronger and it is to much for me
But I smoke for some guys that want 5 hours of smoke and love it
They say to never let the cheese get to
90* but I say 80 degrees
Over 80 the cheese releases to much oil and sucks up the smoke
I keep mine under 70*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8830434d3ce11076926cca71f473e6c9.jpg
c951f5b55d09753907f6d6c54a319421.jpg
26b31835f2fdc3b81786dda151a0789d.jpg

Does it taste better than all of this ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hh - Does it taste better than all of this ?

probably so hh - you have impressive strings, but i'll go for 'stillhunter's... his are all cooked! lol...

what do u have there? some big catfish, crappie and small mouth bass?... I have catfish, perch and lm bass on my place...

personally, I am not sure any salmon is better tasting than any other... other than some of that Copper River Alaskan smoked candied salmon. :numberone: being from the Pacific NW I have eaten salmon most ways. it is my favorite fish, followed by good fresh north Atlantic cod. i'd be ok with crappie being #3 for me. salmon? - I like it all! down here I can get unfrozen Atlantic salmon nxt day air... really good! next to candied smoked, I like poached best. here is some we did on the grill this past summer... I just completed a small table-top type bbq unit restoration. I wont grill on it. primary purpose is to slow cook and poach salmon in tin foil packets...

good same day caught steelhead is a melt in your mouth proposition, too. Seattle - I have had Green River steelhead that was very, very good!

steak is great, but i'll take salmon any day!
salmon.jpg

2 hours for cheddar 2.5 hours for the spicy cheeseI started out at at 4 hours but after it sets for a week in a vacuum seal bag like wine )It gets stronger and it is to much for me But I smoke for some guys that want 5 hours of smoke and love it They say to never let the cheese get to 90* but I say 80 degrees
Over 80 the cheese releases to much oil and sucks up the smokeI keep mine under 70*Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hh - you seem to be a bbging guru! smoked cheese is not everyone's forte! your smoking looks good. how do u like to cook such fish as those catfish? crappie? sm bass? will u do them on the grill or deep fry some, too?...

any pix?

hh - Does it taste better than all of this ?

probably so hh - you have impressive strings, but i'll go for 'stillhunter's... his are all cooked! lol...

what do u have there? some big catfish, crappie and small mouth bass?... I have catfish, perch and lm bass on my place...

personally, I am not sure any salmon is better tasting than any other... other than some of that Copper River Alaskan smoked candied salmon. :numberone: being from the Pacific NW I have eaten salmon most ways. it is my favorite fish, followed by good fresh north Atlantic cod. i'd be ok with crappie being #3 for me. salmon? - I like it all! down here I can get unfrozen Atlantic salmon nxt day air... really good! next to candied smoked, I like poached best. here is some we did on the grill this past summer... I just completed a small table-top type bbq unit restoration. I wont grill on it. primary purpose is to slow cook and poach salmon in tin foil packets...

good same day caught steelhead is a melt in your mouth proposition, too. Seattle - I have had Green River steelhead that was very, very good!

steak is great, but i'll take salmon any day!
View attachment 721996

Never had steel
And tried salmon a few times and only liked it once because it was fresh never frozen .
Just me I guess ?
Walleye is my favorite
Just got back to stocking flathead in the freezer
Blue cat is only channel will eat just taste better

hh - you seem to be a bbging guru! smoked cheese is not everyone's forte! your smoking looks good. how do u like to cook such fish as those catfish? crappie? sm bass? will u do them on the grill or deep fry some, too?...

any pix?

Can’t find any pictures.
I will have to start doing that
Deep fry with mushrooms is my favorite
Grilled is good and slow smoked is good too
But I tend to over cook it a little because l don’t want to get sick on it and not like anymore!
Never tried the cold smoke with brine I stay at 190* or above on all the fish

My daughter bought this salt brick for my birthday and so far I really like it. A few days ago I did a flank steak and some chicken breast, tonight was pork tenderloins. These tenderloins turned out so good.
47c2cc747a833c6f12d152c7f524caf0.jpg
0221cdbf4bc5e66ac618a4f76db16d94.jpg
54c696595adf5e482e31b0e30579891d.jpg

Back