What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b46eaf7d3758b047bd473589fb0801d3.plist

Some pork shoulder smoked for 11 hrs over mesquite charcoal. All while I was out working on my social distancing skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some pork shoulder smoked for 11 hrs over mesquite charcoal. All while I was out working on my social distancing skills Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

neighbor brought us couple pcs of smoked pork shoulder other day. bit of a surprise, but yum! tender and tasty. ate it, dipped it, and made a sammy with it, too. one packet left. shrink wrapped. did some grilling other evening for dinner. NY strip, ckn tenders and pork center cut loin chops; boneless ~
P8310014.JPG
P8310015.JPG

mighty fine fare! ~

Well with the kids all home from school, I’m trying to make things go a bit farther. So I smoked a nice big eye of round for sandwich meat. These things are great, for about $15 I got enough roast beef to fill a 1 gallon ziplock bag.
23d36efa8651e6750a8e6e311758263e.jpg
3cc06f66377b55f5da48c357885fba85.jpg
b72a9fe18eca740ba5c5198929f626f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A few days ago the wife came home w 4 chicken thighs.I wanted to smoke them on the webber but not for 4 thighs. Dug in the freezer and found a wild turkey tenderloin I forgot from last year. I seasoned the chicken w traeger chicken rub,under the skin and the cut side and left them in the fridge for 24hrs while the turkey thawed.I cut the loin in 3 pieces and seasoned the turk. loin w the same rub and let it sit. Few hours later I put them on the webber indirect.I put the loin meat on the lower grate on foil and put the thighs,skin side up over the turky so the fat would drip on then..... the chikin and turky were
20200423_213102.jpg
awesome!
20200423_213622.jpg

I do like this thread... numerous different styles of cooking. I may not cook as per se some, but still I do find the various styles and preferences to be of interest...

I don't have to worry, for example... about my burgers getting 'touched' both sides... I do my nearly world-famous 'no flip' burgers... :)

in fact, going to have some over the weekend... with hand cut fries... got a super weekend deal at fav grocery... 80% ground chuck burger - $1.97/# :) and some big buns, too.
Forgive me for being bored and reading old threads. I had to comment on the $1.97 ground chuck. At the grocery yesterday and hamburger is $6.98lb. Makes me want to cry.

Back