What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered t bone steaks and chicken breast from Kansas City Beef for the father’s day family cookout. This year I’m breaking the norm from burgers and dogs but I will have them too. I want this one to be special.

7d7ce9a13a28f0ab08f137f2050f499b.jpg

Boneless pork roast smoked all night, making some good sandwiches for lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lots of good looking food This made go humm. You do realise the first two ingredients in it are salt and pepper :laugh: Just screwin with ya

"romp!... romp!"... Image result for Image 396 Chevy Engine

I read about your big shindigs... gtg's and this year u still did it, but since social distancing an issue, you personally delivered the bbq! pretty cool! :cool:

FA541301-30B7-4CD8-AC42-DB5CEA370852.jpeg

13 pound brisket 7 hours in, white oak in the fire box, and holding a smoker temp of 165ish. The brisket had a very good fat cap. Should break down nicely. 7 more hours to go. I will post a finished picture if I remember. Been a few years since I’ve done a brisket, have been doing pork shoulders and ribs for a while and wanted something different. My son wanted to grow a watermelon this year so we did a sugar baby plant. He picked his first melon today. I hope everybody has a safe and happy Independence Day!

Attachments

• 372142C7-C0FC-41C7-8A7A-EF5F8EE6BCA9.jpeg
    372142C7-C0FC-41C7-8A7A-EF5F8EE6BCA9.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 840192
13 pound brisket 7 hours in, white oak in the fire box, and holding a smoker temp of 165ish. The brisket had a very good fat cap. Should break down nicely. 7 more hours to go. I will post a finished picture if I remember. Been a few years since I’ve done a brisket, have been doing pork shoulders and ribs for a while and wanted something different. My son wanted to grow a watermelon this year so we did a sugar baby plant. He picked his first melon today. I hope everybody has a safe and happy Independence Day!
165 is in my opinion way to low. Bark is a little to dark may be bitter.

165 is in my opinion way to low. Bark is a little to dark may be bitter.
Not really a bark as such like with a rub, it’s the smoke on the fat cap which I remove. I prefer just smoked meat and have shied away from rubs. My trial and error process is pretty lengthy in years and I have found that my 165 reading on the smoker is warmer than it reads. I found low and slow works the best for me and doesn’t dry out the brisket. BBQ is always a favorite subject to debate with people because everyone has their own opinions and feelings about what is best. Everybody had different tastes. Which is good or we would all be exactly the same and have nothing to talk about. I always love to talk BBQ with people because everyone has such passion about it and also great ideas. I hope you are have a great Independence Day with family and friends and eating great BBQ!

Well it’s the wife and I’s 30th anniversary today. All but one of the kids came home, so I was cooking a nice dinner for an army.
Got some really thick ribeye steaks and did a fast/hot sear then closed it up and let them smoke over mesquite. I’ve got to say mmmm good, they were a hit.
1f94723df108a3187f493fc6838b25f6.jpg
654afa31a734c23c09e4e84a8d8e3a16.plist
2530fc13cf7044f3e972e5ff4b0bbdc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back