What's it worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm going to sell my old 22 ton Husky splitter. It's got a lot of hours on it and the new car smell has long gone.
It starts first pull every time, and It's kinda rugged looking but it works just fine.
What should I ask for it? I'm wanting 400 to 500 but that may be wishful thinking.
What would you pay for a used splitter in this condition.

10mmtkg.jpg

66b32b.jpg

2z4abe1.jpg

To be honest, I would be hard pressed to spend $400 on it personally (no offense). That said, I think it'll sell for what you want easily. I see used splitters listed on our local Craigslist for 90% of what they cost new every day. It's nuts. I bet if you list it for $500 and are willing to negotiate, it'll be gone in a week or less.

To be honest, I would be hard pressed to spend $400 on it personally (no offense). That said, I think it'll sell for what you want easily. I see used splitters listed on our local Craigslist for 90% of what they cost new every day. It's nuts. I bet if you list it for $500 and are willing to negotiate, it'll be gone in a week or less.

I just through out a random price range. I can be flexible. It's long since paid for itself many times over.

if it starts like you say? and is dependable , even with a few quirks not a problem getting 450.00 all day long .. wish I lived closer1 can always use a backup for them days nothing works right!!!!

It's been my daily splitter for over 10+ years. She even sports a new set of wheel bearings, I just installed the other day.:chop:

I would say that you are in the Ballpark, price wise, I don't know your market, but in my area, I think if you listed it at $500, you wouldn't have it too long. I have seen worse listed for more on CL (Hey, isn't there a thread about that? ;):)) I would expect some $400 early offers, $450 pretty quick, and might even get a $500 buyer. Start at $550, and you would probably get $500 fairly quick.

Doug

I’m always amazed at what used splitters sell for in my area. People ask and probably get close to new prices for lightly used machines.

I wouldn’t let it go for less than five. If you’ve already gotten an offer of four, five is just around the corner.

Do yourself a favor and check the asking prices of splitters in your area on Craigslist. You'll likely find the same machine somewhere locally for sale. They made lots of those splitters. Maybe the $400 offer is low?

Back