What's it worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you have misunderstood my post, the price you have now is a fair price. But you said in a earlier post that if the guy doesn't show up to get it for 550 you may relist it in 30 days for a higher price since you have had so many calls and that's what I don't agree with. I agreed in my very FIRST post that it was a fair price and even went further telling you not to let anyone LOW BALL you. So you call me a democrat because I'm not greedy? Cute.

No, you have misunderstood my post, the price you have now is a fair price. But you said in a earlier post that if the guy doesn't show up to get it for 550 you may relist it in 30 days for a higher price since you have had so many calls and that's what I don't agree with. I agreed in my very FIRST post that it was a fair price and even went further telling you not to let anyone LOW BALL you. So you call me a democrat because I'm not greedy? Cute.

Ok I guess I miss understood. And it sound like you miss understood me as well. It was only hind sight and only a thought, that I priced it too low. I never said I was going to pull the ad and repost it at a higher price. It was only a thought, that's all. Since a new one of equal power can be had for 1k. I fireguard that a heavily used unit in fair condition should start at half the price of a new one. There is also nothing wrong with running a sample ad to see what the market will bring on a used item.

I don't really see a problem with pulling the ad now, if it doesn't sell right away for the current asking price, and relisting higher in the future. If the ad was yanked right now and relisted higher immediately, before the ones that have already expressed interest deciding if they are in or out - that might be different.

I don't really see a problem with pulling the ad now, if it doesn't sell right away for the current asking price, and relisting higher in the future. If the ad was yanked right now and relisted higher immediately, before the ones that have already expressed interest deciding if they are in or out - that might be different.

Trust me, I have given away my share of free or discounted items to those that deserve it.

I see you have sold on craigslist before
I am very good with the price, however, I am out of the country with my work. I will send a check for $700. Once it clears, my shipper will pick it up. Kindly pay him the extra $200. Will just need name and address and bank of deposit.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Trust me, I have given away my share of free or discounted items to those that deserve it.
Dude , get as much as you can for your splitter. Unless you've given your word or shook on a deal it's your prerogative to change the ad and ask as much as the market bears.

With that being said be prepared to piss off some of the potential buyers that have seen the old adds and think you're gouging.

I hadn't really followed used splitter prices lately, but because of this thread, I started looking at CL and OfferUp, damn, I was surprised :surprised3: at the asking prices for used splitters, no wonder he is getting the offers he is :crazy2:

Judging by the other listings in my area, I would have probably listed it at $850-900 and hoped for/ sold to the first $750-800 offer, then come down if I HAD to.

Remember, it is Honorable to list at a Ridiculous price and Hope for an Elmer to come along that will pay it, and lower the price if Elmer doesn't see your ad.

Doug

I hadn't really followed used splitter prices lately, but because of this thread, I started looking at CL and OfferUp, damn, I was surprised :surprised3: at the asking prices for used splitters, no wonder he is getting the offers he is :crazy2:

Judging by the other listings in my area, I would have probably listed it at $850-900 and hoped for/ sold to the first $750-800 offer, then come down if I HAD to.

Remember, it is Honorable to list at a Ridiculous price and Hope for an Elmer to come along that will pay it, and lower the price if Elmer doesn't see your ad.

Doug
Yep...when I first saw this thread I went searching on C-list and I was stunned how many splitters comparable to the OP's are in the $750 range.

This appears to be the exact same model he has, except it has a 4 way wedge for $650. Been on for 11 days. Good deals typically are gone the same day they are posted. Ok deals typically last for a few days until the right person sees it. 11 days tells me its priced too high. I think his price of $550 is a good price. I personally don't consider it a huge bargain, but others obviously do.

https://providence.craigslist.org/grd/d/22-ton-husky-log-splitter/6451093949.html

Again a 22 ton Huskee, this one is a 2011 model, but looks hardly used at all. For $800, and on for 5 days

https://nh.craigslist.org/grd/d/wood-splitter/6458768771.html

If either of these were a smoking deal they'd already be gone, as would his in my honest opinion. Like I said before phone offers don't mean a damn thing. When the buyer is at your house with cash in hand and a truck or trailer to take it away, then it means something. I wish I had a dollar for every CL sale I "thought" I had. I say take the first in hand decent cash offer you get.

This appears to be the exact same model he has, except it has a 4 way wedge for $650. Been on for 11 days. Good deals typically are gone the same day they are posted. Ok deals typically last for a few days until the right person sees it. 11 days tells me its priced too high. I think his price of $550 is a good price. I personally don't consider it a huge bargain, but others obviously do.

https://providence.craigslist.org/grd/d/22-ton-husky-log-splitter/6451093949.html

Again a 22 ton Huskee, this one is a 2011 model, but looks hardly used at all. For $800, and on for 5 days

https://nh.craigslist.org/grd/d/wood-splitter/6458768771.html

If either of these were a smoking deal they'd already be gone, as would his in my honest opinion. Like I said before phone offers don't mean a damn thing. When the buyer is at your house with cash in hand and a truck or trailer to take it away, then it means something. I wish I had a dollar for every CL sale I "thought" I had. I say take the first in hand decent cash offer you get.

I have been buying and selling on cl for many years. Buying low and flipping it for a higher price. But only on something I'm sure I can get more money for.
I didn't research used prices before I posted the ad. I priced it to sell because I didn't want to sit on it too long. Once the weather warms up people around here forget about saving up wood for the next year. I decided I'd rather put that money toward the new one and reduce my cost. Kinda like a trade in.
I could have asked for more, but I wanted a faster sale. I have had things ride for mouths before a sale in order to get a higher price. I started out in 2018 debt free, only to put my new 2k splitter on my credit card. I have the cash sitting here on my desk so when the bill comes in I can pay it off completely when the bill arrives. I wanna try and stay debt free this year.

Dude , get as much as you can for your splitter. Unless you've given your word or shook on a deal it's your prerogative to change the ad and ask as much as the market bears.

With that being said be prepared to piss off some of the potential buyers that have seen the old adds and think you're gouging.

No I'm getting what I think is a fare price for a quick sale. It is kinda old and it has a lot of hours on it. I serviced it today, changing the oil and putting on a new hydrolic filter. It was 19 degrees today in the shop and she started up on the first pull. I'm selling it as is, it really needs a new motor, even though the old one runs just fine. I think It wont be long before the motor conks out, but I've been waiting for that to happen for the last several years but she keeps on going.
I put a new set of wheel bearings in it last week after I found a set in a drawer I didn't know I had. It's a good thing I didn't run out and buy a set before I found the ones I had. That saved me a few bucks. I think someone can and will get plenty of use out of it that need one but cant afford a new one.

What is the new splitter that you just bought?

I got the Countyline 40 ton splitter from TS. This thing is a beast.
Even compared to the DHT35 ton unit, the countyline 40 is quite a bit heaver built. Everything is beefed up, with bigger everything.
Bigger motor, pump, hoses, cylinder, I beam, taller wedge, bigger tires, bigger hydrolic oil tank. It's every bit as fast as advertised at 9.5 sec cycle times.

2u428wi.jpg

What is the new splitter that you just bought?

I think he's the guy who just bought the County Line 40 toner a couple of weeks ago.Lots of comments on his asking price for his "for sale" splitter.It's a good deal for someone and he is operating ethically.PERIOD!

Latest posts

Back