What's On Your Bench? 2/15/13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I would probably be interested, with another partial saw I could probably put together another nice complete saw. Not sure on the logistics of getting it up here to Northern Michigan. Let me know what you want for it; it would be nice to get my other one running.

My wife works for fedex corporate, so I'll box it up and let her use the employee discount to ship it. PM me your address.

Troy Built string trimmer that needs a bump button and bolt for the head. It's left hand thread and from what I can tell, I need to replace the whole gearbox to put a new head on it since they supposedly don't make this one anymore.

Stihl 026 that sat full of fuel for over 3 years. Is running now, just need to go pick up a new air filter.

Stihl MS250 that was straight gassed just finished it all up. Muriatic acid is WONDERFUL!

Stihl MS180 that I think was run with no air filter. The engine was FULL of dirt. Bar and chain are barely salvageable and the cylinder is scored. Getting this one running will cost more in parts than I can sell it for. I have a hard time understanding how people can do this to their stuff. Even a cheapy POS like a MS180.

Stihl FS35 string trimmer missing a carburetor and I can't find one for it.

Husqy 455 Rancher that keeps throwing chains. Pretty sure it has something to do with the seized up bar adjuster and wasted chain.

And I am outta fuel filters, spark plugs, bulk fuel line, H1R, trimmer line, av gas, CO2 for welder, and money. I'm having a logistics problem at the moment. I hate it when my real job is slow and side money has to go pay bills.

I kinda like this particular side work. Kinda hoping it grows into something lucrative and I can quit my day job. :buttkick:

My side work right now is taxidermy with my father in law. Have a bobcat skull, a deer hide, and I don't remember what else to finish. Someone brought in three bear heads this last week. Guess I'll be scraping the flesh off those, scraping the brains out, etc. in a few weeks.

Check the drive links on the chain of that 455. I had a saw that kept throwing the chain and it turned out that several of the DL's were broken/worn.

What's on me bench 2/15?

Same stuff that's on it now, wait I did pick up a really ugly 143MX and a couple 116si'.

Yup they be cluttering the benches still. Spring always draws attention to other things around here. Hell I may just box 'em up and throw the whole lot of them up in the mezz.

After all I can't get the runners all in the rotation as it is. Never made a buck on a saw yet, Gave a few away and sold one at a loss no doubt. I am one of those who would have a hard time selling a $20 for a sawbuck!

My side work right now is taxidermy with my father in law. Have a bobcat skull, a deer hide, and I don't remember what else to finish. Someone brought in three bear heads this last week. Guess I'll be scraping the flesh off those, scraping the brains out, etc. in a few weeks.

Check the drive links on the chain of that 455. I had a saw that kept throwing the chain and it turned out that several of the DL's were broken/worn.

I wouldn't mind a little taxidermy work.

ALL of the drive links are junk on the 455 chain. Cutters are good. I was messin with the chain adjuster and the threads are stripped. I am guessing the bar nuts didn't get enough torque at some point and put a huge load on the tiny threads of the adjuster. The saw runs good. I might have to run this one for a while and see if I like it.

Anybody know where I might pick up a MS180 engine real cheap? My 12 year old son is the one who wanted this project and I don't want to throw in the towel. He learns, he does all the work, he gets the profit from the sale. And I HATE throwing this stuff away.

Putting an 8 pin on the 262, getting the Homelite EZ ready for the gtg. Also cutting a tensioner hole in a large mount Stihl bar to fit on the 1050, and some other last minute things for the GTG. Less that a week to go, woo hoo!

I wouldn't mind a little taxidermy work.

ALL of the drive links are junk on the 455 chain. Cutters are good. I was messin with the chain adjuster and the threads are stripped. I am guessing the bar nuts didn't get enough torque at some point and put a huge load on the tiny threads of the adjuster. The saw runs good. I might have to run this one for a while and see if I like it.

Anybody know where I might pick up a MS180 engine real cheap? My 12 year old son is the one who wanted this project and I don't want to throw in the towel. He learns, he does all the work, he gets the profit from the sale. And I HATE throwing this stuff away.

If you'd asked about the 180 a week ago, I probably could have pulled one out of the scrapyard. It's got a mound of junk over it now. Might have been a 170, don't remember now. Someone here had a basketcase 180 listed in a sig line a few days ago.

Who are you and what did you do with JJ?

Jacob hasn't been the same since he fired this guy:

images

Back